S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the motor I dont see where people say its underpowered I passed three cars on a hill in 5th gear in my little 4 banger truthfully if you can drive the danm thing getting 11 mpg you can get some serious fun out of this motor :) Thanks
Drew

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2.2L is the best vehicle i've owned in a while, it's no power monster, but it can give some Hondas a run for the money, but i'd still rather have a 350 LT-1..... IMO

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
It's not a bad little motor in my opinion, my bro and roommate own identical 00 white regular cab/flare side S-10's...if you're serious about modifcations and have the time/money, you could really make these trucks into some fast ass sleepers. I believe my brother is going w/ a custom turbo setup in the very near future..it's either that or something else I've thought about:thumbup:

·
Squids suck
138 Posts
I love mine too. I have a friend with a 2000 extreme with a 4.3. We have raced numerous times. From a dead stop I always pull him around 2 truck links and hold it untill around 60 - 70 mph. Pisses him off every time.:racing:

Of course. he can't drive either.:D

And when it comes to mileage, his gets around 18 while mine gets around 25.

I still miss my 84' S-10 with the 327. Wish I never sold it.:cry:

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
lol mine aint bad neither..
i keep up with a 4 door integra for a lil while....i forgot wut kine engine had but it was swapped..had intake, headers, and was running with straight pipe..heh..and he took off before me..but i kept up till like the end of my 3rd gear..then pau.

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
The only way to make a 2.2 fast is to put an LS1 in the engine bay and throw the 2.2 in the back to put weight for traction. You can make it faster, but it will never be "fast." I think seeing videos of lingen felter 427 TT's has spoiled me.

Brad

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
wellsheit said:
The only way to make a 2.2 fast is to put an LS1 in the engine bay and throw the 2.2 in the back to put weight for traction. You can make it faster, but it will never be "fast." I think seeing videos of lingen felter 427 TT's has spoiled me.

Brad
When I say "fast," I don't mean anything phenomenal..just a lot faster than the 18's/19's they run....I can guarantee you someone wanting to be different is going to go "all-out" with a 2.2 very soon and some of them just might suprise all the naysayers and "put a V8 in it" guys.

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
wellsheit said:

Brad
hey this is the glorify the 2.2 thread not bash it :troutslap

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey.. normally I'm bitching about my 2.2, especially about the MPGs since they have gone down a bit with the cold weather in Chicago.. But I can't complain, I just gassed up today and checked my MPGs, I got 22.7 average for the tank! And that is about 60% city and 40% highway.

·
"rolling BareIsm"
78 Posts
i think it is the ultimate challange just cause every one dawgs it. there for i love it!!! make me feel like i am in the older days of automotive performance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts