S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend works at a performance/audio shop. i showed him that my whole exhaust is rusting and falling off. after looking at it for a while, he got an idea. he grabbed a ractive "ricer" muffler with the tip on it. he said just put this on where the old muffler was, and cut everything after that off, he said it will give me good sound, performance,its stainless steel, and it will be tucked up under the bed of the truck so it will be protected and it wont look dumb. i like the way it sounds on other cars(im sorry, i like that sound). if i cant get the v8 sound, might as well make it sound a little more tough, you know? the muffler has a 2.5 inlet, 3 outlet. any thoughts?

·
Registered
920 Posts
the intake should be 2.25 at least thats what the pipe is and get a turndown after the muffler

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whoah a 3 inch turndown.

Anyway. Dont be discouraged, I am thinking about it too. My cousin has a celica and it sounds really good.

Jay

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you do a 3 inch turn down, im thinking of just leaving it the way it is = less hassle 4 me.:beer:

·
Registered
893 Posts
canhces are the muffler youre reffering to has a tip on it already which means a turn down wont be a good idea...youd have to cut the tip off and re weld..not worth it. Second, i would mat it up first and see what it sounds like on your ride. Chances are it wont sound the same because of different rpm levels and volume of air moving through it. So like i said test it first. the unfortunate thing about this idea is your paying for a nice finish which wont be seen and if you get a lot of heat built up you may run into melting probs ...keep this in mind when you look under there and figure out where its going.
Jeff

·
Registered
920 Posts
they havent bothered me at all

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how would i run full pipe on a ractive muffler with tips on it? i dont wanna get into welding on stuff. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts