S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 3rd tailight is not working on my 94. i replaced the bulbs and it makes no difference. i know other trucks have this problem becuase i have seen many trucks that have the 3rd tailight not working. i was wondering if anyone has this problem or if anyone knows how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I had the same problem... It had power to the rivets, but not to the bracket holding the light, so I ended up just moving the holder back and forth until the corrosion between them broke and it made contact again. You might be able to use CLR or something to pour a little down in there to eat it away, but this happened about 8 months ago and it is still working, so that is probably the problem.

DogP

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried moving it back and forth. i didnt really see any kind of corrosion or anything, but i also havent tried the clr yet. it still dont work.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you have a multimeter, I would test the power to the rivets and then to the brackets holding the bulbs. If neither has power, I would say it is probably the fuse, but if you have power to the rivets, but not the bracket, there is something not making contact. On mine, I tried soldering the pieces together but that didn't help because the solder wouldn't stick, so I tested connectivity between the rivet and the holder and noticed there wasn't any. Hope this helps somehow.

DogP

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx, i'll give that a try this weekend when i can get to my multimeter

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, i tired it this weekend, and im not gettin any power to anything up there, i think ill just let it be...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts