S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many time is it gonna be asked......anyway......so i always thought i was gonna get a few subs for the x cab.....well if i get nitrous this summer i'll prolly wanna have the area for my bottle and maybe the msd box.....since i thought i was gonna get some bass from the subs i wasn't too worried with the sound from the front....i mean they sound hella good and will scream with clarity but have no bass......what i'm wanting to know is what can i put in the dash and doors to get a decent sound with more bass than i have right now....for now i have a RF Punch 120.2 amp (60 watts X 2 channel) 4 in. 2-ways (40 RMS 80 Peek), and 6 in. 2-ways (75 RMS 150 Peek).....what would be the best thing to do for more bass and clarity without getting subs......what are you running in the dash and doors, and what do you have powerings them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
get a set of components. put the 6 1/2 in the doors and the tweeters in the dash to replace the speakers. you'll have the highs with the tweeters and you'll get the bass (midbass) from the 6 1/2.

only thing is that the amp you have does 60 x 2 at 2 ohms. most components are 4 ohms (at 4 ohms you'll get 30 x 2 which is piss) so you're options are very limited.

there are 3 component sets that i know of that are 2 ohm

orion hcca (require alot of power) so "x" them out

image dynamics chameleon (nice, definately consider these)

soundstream spl (i would probably get these with your power) and they are like 150 bucks.....check ebay for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts