S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully will get out within the next week sometime to pick it up. It's in WI and I'm in MI. Don't see too many this clean & nice here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
A dealer can make anything look good for a short time.
Take a magnet, and really go over this.
I hope this works out for you!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93k miles. And you're absolutely right about the dealer's "turd pollishing" antics... except that I talked with the previous owner about it, and was confident in it's genuinely good overall condition.

I picked it up toady and drove it home from WI.
I'm extremely happy with it so far.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks to be about a 93? Last of the good ones as far as I'm concerned. You have lot's of faith to buy unseen and drive it that far right off the bat. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i just did the same thing a few months ago, bought my jimmy, she looks brand new, has original floormats which i thougt was odd for a 12 year old vehicle, but is a sweet truck, talked to the original owners, and they only got rid of it to get something newer, i love my jimmy and im sure you will too

·
Registered
710 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it. i just bought a 92 blazer

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $4900 for it. It's a '94. I specifically wanted a 93 or 94, 2-door. There weren't too many to choose from on Autotrader. I'm under the impression that for some reason only the Jimmy was available in a 2-door in 1994?
I say that because overall, there are more Blazers for sale than Jimmys when I did a search on Autotrader. But when I specified 1994 and 2-door, there were a hand-full of Jimmys but no Blazers.

Tom, you're absolutelr right about having a lot of faith in doing that. I posted a thread asking if there was someone in the area that could look at it for me, but no offers. I felt fairy confident after a few conversations with the salesman and one with the previous owner.

This marks my 9th S-series vehicle, and already I think this may be my favorite one. Gut reaction anyway.

Got my snowplow mounted on it today! Will have pics asap.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $4900 for it. It's a '94. I specifically wanted a 93 or 94, 2-door. There weren't too many to choose from on Autotrader. I'm under the impression that for some reason only the Jimmy was available in a 2-door in 1994?
I say that because overall, there are more Blazers for sale than Jimmys when I did a search on Autotrader. But when I specified 1994 and 2-door, there were a hand-full of Jimmys but no Blazers.

Tom, you're absolutelr right about having a lot of faith in doing that. I posted a thread asking if there was someone in the area that could look at it for me, but no offers. I felt fairy confident after a few conversations with the salesman and one with the previous owner.

This marks my 9th S-series vehicle, and already I think this may be my favorite one. Gut reaction anyway.

Got my snowplow mounted on it today! Will have pics asap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts