S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
A dealer can make anything look good for a short time.
Take a magnet, and really go over this.
I hope this works out for you!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93k miles. And you're absolutely right about the dealer's "turd pollishing" antics... except that I talked with the previous owner about it, and was confident in it's genuinely good overall condition.

I picked it up toady and drove it home from WI.
I'm extremely happy with it so far.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i just did the same thing a few months ago, bought my jimmy, she looks brand new, has original floormats which i thougt was odd for a 12 year old vehicle, but is a sweet truck, talked to the original owners, and they only got rid of it to get something newer, i love my jimmy and im sure you will too

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid $4900 for it. It's a '94. I specifically wanted a 93 or 94, 2-door. There weren't too many to choose from on Autotrader. I'm under the impression that for some reason only the Jimmy was available in a 2-door in 1994?
I say that because overall, there are more Blazers for sale than Jimmys when I did a search on Autotrader. But when I specified 1994 and 2-door, there were a hand-full of Jimmys but no Blazers.

Tom, you're absolutelr right about having a lot of faith in doing that. I posted a thread asking if there was someone in the area that could look at it for me, but no offers. I felt fairy confident after a few conversations with the salesman and one with the previous owner.

This marks my 9th S-series vehicle, and already I think this may be my favorite one. Gut reaction anyway.

Got my snowplow mounted on it today! Will have pics asap.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid $4900 for it. It's a '94. I specifically wanted a 93 or 94, 2-door. There weren't too many to choose from on Autotrader. I'm under the impression that for some reason only the Jimmy was available in a 2-door in 1994?
I say that because overall, there are more Blazers for sale than Jimmys when I did a search on Autotrader. But when I specified 1994 and 2-door, there were a hand-full of Jimmys but no Blazers.

Tom, you're absolutelr right about having a lot of faith in doing that. I posted a thread asking if there was someone in the area that could look at it for me, but no offers. I felt fairy confident after a few conversations with the salesman and one with the previous owner.

This marks my 9th S-series vehicle, and already I think this may be my favorite one. Gut reaction anyway.

Got my snowplow mounted on it today! Will have pics asap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.