S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out of bordom, I just hooked a Pioneer TS 302 12" to a JL1000/1. free air, turned imput all the way up, gain all the way up an wailed Three Six late night tip, sub was brand new, But it survived twice,(played it 2 times at max volume, amp all the eay up) I was intentionally trying to blow it, I had it way past its max it was hitting past its x-max and really got abused. I thought the cone was going to separate many times, Shit it looked like it was going to pop...didnt...HARD real hard. Son of a bitch didnt blow? I know its a piece of shit sub why couldnt I blow it....Late night tip on a JL 1000/1 Maxed out...:haha: Late night boredome... But why didnt it blow? I kicked its ass...:rotf:

edit: it just took 10 second on a 120 volt socket and survived!!!!!!!!! It still plays when hooked to a jensen 300 2 channel....I'll blow this thing if iy killd me...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
go longer than 10 secones on 120 volt. Back at my "big box" days we did this to get rid of subs so they wouldnt be sold as open box. I once had a JBL GT going for about 20 minutes.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
why didn't you make a video?

:(

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
brian did that.....and some admin did my user title.......

i'm just leaving it so they can get a cheap thrill

oh ****

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
hey man before u go and destroy that amp u ought to sell it to me or trade it to me.

dude its a speaker, not an amp, and for the cost of shipping that sub, you could buy your own....its shit.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
dude its a speaker, not an amp, and for the cost of shipping that sub, you could buy your own....its shit.
dude...he's talking about the jl 1000/1 he was driving it with

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
yeah but how did he in anyway damage the amp? the amp should be fine, and as i read, no harm was meant to be done to the amp. so i think that poster was confused....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, Ive blown a few subs on that amp...never hurt the amp or popped a fuse, except when I locked and dead shorted an MA 12" It blew the power wire fuse...Im not real worried about a JL amp... No, its not for sale, none of my JL amps are, plenty of people ask me, I have a 500/1 and a 300/4v2 in my closet, not doing anything, but I still wont part with them, you never know...

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
yeah but how did he in anyway damage the amp? the amp should be fine, and as i read, no harm was meant to be done to the amp. so i think that poster was confused....
no...i think you are confused.....

amplifiers protection circuits are not foolproof and the more you abuse it by intentionally frying voice coils the more likely it becomes for the amp to turn to toast

and if you read the post directly above me it will prove my point.

his short circuit protection circuit in the amp failed and it blew the power fuse......that fuse should never have blown....the amp should have gone into protect mode!!!

·
I <3 ARC
144 Posts
I just thought about it for a second and realized that with a JL amp, it doesn't matter anyway because they put out the same power from 1.5-4ohm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts