S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went threw the trouble of disassembling my engine to change the head gasket and ALL the other gaskets on the entire engine. Well as a newbie on mechanic work it was my first attempt at this. I actually did really good watching you tube videos and etc. I got it all done and put back together then watched a couple more YouTube videos just to see what else I need to do. Welllll, it says you have to set the head bolts to a certain took and I had not done that. I had tightened them all down super tight with a bar for leverage. I'm praying that this will be good enough.. I haven't started it yet because I want to change oil and filter to make sure I get all the water out and all.. Its been 3 weeks since it's been cranked and I found no milkshake oil in the engine so it has came to rest in the pan and should come out when I drain it. X-MY FINGERS on that too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
all u had to do was to take thw valve cover off and torque' m to specs , unless you went beyond the torque specs,( like alot) then i would say get new bolts and re i stall them, but then again im a rookie too so thats just my thought :) slayerwould b the king pin in here...

·
Been there Done it
14,584 Posts
You don't need to hit reply in the last post. Just type your comments in the box a couple inches down. Then hit post reply.
That will post your comments w/o reposting the content of the previous post.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,773 Posts
Everyone is missing the target. In his other thread, he’s making post after post, moments as part, when he could just open his previous post and add to it

Reactions: hogster
1 - 20 of 37 Posts