S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so i started a thread b4 about this and now i can find it.. so i have a 98 s10 ext. cab and 4.3 auto it has a very very very bad vib. and noise sounds like it is comeing from the rear or middle... i asked on another forum and they gave me this link... n e one ever hear of this fixing that or is this bull sh*t?

https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Pages/Parts_S10-Driveshaft-Align.html

·
Registered
608 Posts
Do you have a lowerred truck? Have you checked your center joint in the driveshaft? Did the problem appear right after a change or just happen out of the clear blue? Have you had the driveshaft apart for any reason?

If you had it apart, did you mark the two halves and put it back together EXACTLY to same as before?

Have you changed the U-joints on the center joint?

Yes this is a good fix to solve the problem that it descibes. Not knowing your truck, is it possible that you have this problem?

At any rate, I would change all u-joints on the driveshaft, making sure I put it back together exactly the same in the middle as it came apart to begin with. If you have already taken it apart and put it back together, you may have caused an imbalance yourself by not matching it back up as it was balanced before.

The JTR folks know what they are doing and the fix they show is for permanent relief, replacing the u-joints should provide a temporary fix. The angle causes unwanted wear, it will fail again if you have this condition.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
Sounds to me you have a hanger bearing about or is gone. If you have lots of miles on your truck than do as above, replaced all u-joints and hanger and than have the shaft trued and rebalanced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts