S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What after market lights can i get for sealed headlights on a 96 S10??

OK I HAVE FOUND OUT I HAVE SEALED HEAD LIGHTS SOOOOOO
Can anybody help with this ....?
I am looking for some aftermarket replacments and want to make sure i get something sweet.
Since they arent composite what can i do with them?????

Anybody have some opinions on what i shoud get i want something nice and bright but am having problems deciding if i wanna go blacked out or cleared out.
THANKS!

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have sealed beam and not composite the part #H6054 or if you want Sylvania Silverstars it's p# H6054ST $24.99 ea.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX for the part #'s
Do they not have aftermarket headlights for my configuration?
Also doesnt somebody have a product oot that smokes headlights and tail lights?Spray on or something.........

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have a choice of using either the regular sealed beams or going with a 2 piece lamp hsg and bulb(you lamps are 4x6).Just remember to use 55w low/65w high H4 bulbs unless you upgrade your wiring(which is not a bad idea to do even with stock lights to provide a full 12v).Check around on the board to see what everyone is using.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
"or going with a 2 piece lamp hsg and bulb(you lamps are 4x6)."

Who makes these and what is needed for the conversion?
If anybody can point me in the right direction please im clueless...
I am guessing someone already makes the setup for my S10?
THANKS ALL

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Bump, i got a 96 as well and one HL is chipped and the other has condensation building so i need to replace as well. Who knows where to get composites and what brand is good?

·
She Gone!!!
50 Posts
You can get a Sealed Beam to a Compsite beam conversion off of ebay. Thats what I did and it was about $40 to my door, bulbs included. The thing is, you will have to upgrade your wiring because the stock harness won't fit the H4 headlights that come with the kit. I am still in the process of hooking them up and i need some help with the wiring. The guy I bought them from wasn't the best to deal with but i have them. His name is
sugoi-tech, just search that name under sellers.
good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts