S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
There are many reason why first is you truck a 2wd of 4wd?

What is the backspacing of the wheel?
What is the wheel width 17x????
What size Tires are you running upfront?
What is the Offset?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres teh wheel specks

SIZE 17 X 8
OFFSET +14MM
BACKSPACING 5 INCH

tire = 225, 45 , 17

its rubing not against the wheel well but some that connects to the suspension im not sure is there a way to fix this?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Re: heres teh wheel specks

sonomie said:
SIZE 17 X 8
OFFSET +14MM
BACKSPACING 5 INCH
For an 8 inch wheel, you should have used a 4.5" backspacing, not 5". Your wheels are set too far back because of the higher backspacing and will rub on the suspension components.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its only rubing when i turn full but i dont think it should do this because they are only 17's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damnit thank your very much Can i get some kind of spacer or anything to fix the backspacing problem?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
You could use a 1/2" spacer to correct it. I don't really know a lot about spacers, but I don't think you'll have any problems. But don't quote me on that. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha ok im about to drop my truck about 4 inchs or so and u think this backspacing will give me a problem with the wheel well after i drop it ?

·
32,797 Posts
sonomie said:
its only rubing when i turn full but i dont think it should do this because they are only 17's
Being 17's has nothing to do with it rubbing. You could have 14's and have a rubing problem. It's not the height of the rim, it's the width, backspacing, and tire size that has to do with it.

If it's only rubbing on a completely full turn then it's okay. Many trucks do with a bigger than stock tire.

Plain & simple: don't make tight turns anymore. Under normal driving conditions, you'd never really have too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx alot! im going to go look at spacers just for the hell of it and see how much they are and see if it would still look alright.

·
32,797 Posts
$200+ for a set of decent quality spacers. You'll need all 4 so that all the tires sit the same.

Honestly, I don't think the spacers are going to stop the rubbing. Unless your gonna put really thick ones on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts