S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry fellas, small rant / discussion here. Something that been slowly creeping under my skin has finally erupted and I have to find an answer.

Is it gang related or just another fad?

Now before I get into this, this is just mere observation so don't call me out as a bigot or a racist.

I'm talking about those god damn mother f-ing fender port vents I see everyone sporting thinking they're cool.

Granted, I've seen a few minitrucks with them, but those were fabricated and functional. The ones I'm talking about are the bullshit 3M stick-on, 'Autozone Cool Part Isle Specials'.

Here in St. Louis I see this shit everywhere. And I'm talking, even on the most piece of shit looking cars they'll be sporting these flashy chrome poser looking vents.

Now for the observation. I hate to say it fellas but, I only see this on the rides of our African persuasion friends. I have a black friend I work with and we have discussed this and even he is at a loss of words as to what it is.

I know the little fad things I've seen in the past. Case in point, the tear drop tat under the eye means you killed someone or morning someone that was killed, then you have the fellas walking around without shoelaces advertising that they at one time spent time in jail, then we've seen the sweat pants with the one pant leg pulled up to the knee.

So, is this fad or do these vents mean you're in a gang and the size of the vents or the number of the vents is how many crimes you've committed and advertised on the fender of your ride like a WWII Mustang sporting swasticas showing his kills.

These are what I'm talking about.

http://www.showtrix.com/inc/sdetail/9954

Sorry. Posers are probably my worst pet-pieve. If you're gonna do something, then do it right, or don't do it at all. Like the Lund hood scoop......why even bother.

If these were functional............then its a whole different story.

Discuss.......................

·
The way of all flesh
10,782 Posts
those "people" you speak of have them on their cars here as well, i think it looks tacky, and also a bunch of cars driven by those "people" have 2 of those car flags you stick on top of the window, they usually do them with colleges or nfl teams, i dont know if that is gang related but i heard that those were

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yep, lots of buicks have run those. I don't even think they do anything. They come on the new lucerns and they came alot of the older buicks all the way back into the 70s I beleive.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, lots of buicks have run those. I don't even think they do anything. They come on the new lucerns and they came alot of the older buicks all the way back into the 70s I beleive.

We'll I knew it was a Buick thing but why the sudden popularity in them.....again primarily from our black friends. Does it have hidden meaning?

·
Registered
157 Posts
actually the first few years they were out they did work as a heat extracter for the engine bay

·
51,327 Posts
We'll I knew it was a Buick thing but why the sudden popularity in them.....again primarily from our black friends. Does it have hidden meaning?
doubt the people that have em put that much thought into em, i think they just saw em on a music video, or somethin, and got some.

·
future Dr. Curly
4,897 Posts
Yeah, i have been thinking the same as you. I see them constantly here in Memphis. It wouldn't bother me as much if they were fab'd in, not stick on, like you said.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
doubt the people that have em put that much thought into em, i think they just saw em on a music video, or somethin, and got some.

See, thats what I've been starting to think. What rapper had them on their car in some video?

·
ANGRY BABY!
2,379 Posts
they end up alot on 300c's and shit. alot of manufacturers have been buying back into the fender vents though too. the newest superduty being what comes to mind first.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts