S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I know most of you are just going to tell me to get a job and stop whining, but here it goes anyway. My dad thinks im a lazy piece of sh*t...he didnt use those words, but you get the idea. He never ever just sits me down and talks to me about things...my truck, my gf, a job. He either yells at my mom to do somthing about me, or he just yells at me and tells me how lazy and immature i am. I guess i take it hard, cus i tend to jus lock myself in my room for a few hours or go out and speed on the highway. My dad doesnt trust me with anything really. Its kinda sad really, i mean...shouldnt your parents be there for you and support you? I dont know what i'm doing after highschool...my grades are average i guess. My gf moved to FL. My dad pays for things to fix my truck..i woulda paid but he never even asked me or nuthin. I hate this shit...i really think that i'm depressed. I'm by myself a lot, cus nobody can understand wut im going through...

So, now that you've read that...wut do u think...comments...ideas...anything...im open:eyes:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
oo depression is fun, ive been there quite a few times...actually maniac-depressive was the term we learned in psychology, but they (whoever "they" are) say self-diagnosis doesnt work...do you do anything other than school? lack of activities can lead to a state near, but not, depression, cuz ur bored. maybe get another gf?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no..i dont do anythin besides skool...and i dont want another gf...besides i've looked and there really isnt anyone else i want. Yea, maybe im just bored...but i have like zero confidence in myself...maybe i just care too much...i dunno

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
im kinda the same way, except i dont mind being alone alot...as a matter of fact sometimes i like being alone rather than around people...except for when it comes to some things (you know what im talkin about ;) but just find sumthin you really like to do and do it...whether its playin video games, workin on your truck, building things (one of my favorites) or just anything...even sports, that you enjoy.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i work on my truck...and i got a model truck going...i guess...i think its just finding out what my dad thinks about me...it kinda really got to me...like..woah, he thinks i'm dumb...maybe i shouldnt listen to his phone convos out of curiosity

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
i know its not exactly fun, but trying doing stuff around the house like yard work, painting, cleaning, just about anything constructive (no not destructive) it will keep you busy, help out your parents, and hell you might even learn something that you can apply to a future job or something. no matter what it cant hurt to try cause it will show your dad that your not lazy

·
Got Boost?
496 Posts
Man i'm the same way.. i've found out everything my parents thought of me by just listening and watching them. It does make you depressed and even tho i moved away from them.. i can be happy as **** and just get really depressed all the sudden b/c of how things go.

Keeping yourself busy doesnt do anything but hide it.. you need to deal with what makes you unhappy by either getting away from it and not have a reason to hide from it, or just hide.. but the best way to truely be happy, is to get away from it. I moved 400 miles away from my parents and haven't spoke to them in over a month.. i'm happy as hell most of the time.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
aight dude sounds alot like what my best friend was going through, he didn't know what to do after highschool, his grades were good, etc etc, he wanted this one girl real bad..........I think jus keepin yourself busy, hey why not try to go and find a job, that'll keep ya busy, and about havin a g/f far away, i know how it is.......met the greatest girl in my life. she goes to Mich. State and I am at Minnesota and we make it work..........but dude if ya need someone to talk to just gimmie a yell, i am studying to be a psychologist so i need the practice, and the 1st session is free, but after that you owe! lol j/k

·
Reseach and Devolopment
1,463 Posts
whenever im feeling down or stressed out or i just need to let something out, i head out to the range, and blow shit up. ive done tvs, printers, computers. just round after round from a 12-gauge into them. its a stress reliever for me.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
That sucks dude, Ive felt down and out before as well. Start working out or something, take you frustrations out on the weights, its good for you and theres alot of pretty ladies at the gym. :) Is that a good idea?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
you should be lucky enough your dad pays for your shit!
well do you have a job? and if you don't why not? you get a sense of accomplishment when you work for the things you want, and it also gets your parents off your ass. Every teenager goes through this phase in their lives. Do yourself a favor and, this is gonna sound kinda harsh but, get a job. it will keep you busy, you'll get money, your parents will stay off your back, and it will get you out of the house. Best advice I can give you! Been doing it since I was 14!

·
32,805 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
you should be lucky enough your dad pays for your shit!
well do you have a job? and if you don't why not? you get a sense of accomplishment when you work for the things you want, and it also gets your parents off your ass. Every teenager goes through this phase in their lives. Do yourself a favor and, this is gonna sound kinda harsh but, get a job. it will keep you busy, you'll get money, your parents will stay off your back, and it will get you out of the house. Best advice I can give you! Been doing it since I was 14!
:thumbup:

Start working, your dad will notice your not lazy anymore.

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
MULowRauder said:
my .02 is to quit bitchin, make your own happiness and get some damn friends to talk to about this, don't take it to a ****ing truck forum.. .
and get a ****ing job
wow yea thats good, your really helping in the situation. You think he doesn't get enough from his parents bickering about shit like that, he comes on a forum to ask for opinions and gets it from you. Your no better than his parents you bish.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
MULowRauder said:
my .02 is to quit bitchin, make your own happiness and get some damn friends to talk to about this, don't take it to a ****ing truck forum.. .
and get a ****ing job

MAYBE WITHOUT THE CUSSING PERFECTLY SAID!

Dude, a sense of accomplishment makes a less then perfect self esteem rise. You may play wit you truck, and a model, but thsats not truely accomplishing much. Go out, make some money, find a new girl, find some friends etc... and you should be talking to your parents. Go to them and ask them for help... like, suggestions ideads and all. ask your dad if you can help aroound the house. I may not know your situation, but generally u should go to your parents for suggestions. NOT the s10forum.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
OneLowS15 said:
wow yea thats good, your really helping in the situation. You think he doesn't get enough from his parents bickering about shit like that, he comes on a forum to ask for opinions and gets it from you. Your no better than his parents you bish.
So we're supposed to Kiss his ass or something? Obviously he isn't getting it enough from his parents cause otherwise he would have gotten a job and actually done something. Get the hint, if your parents have to tell you hundreds of times to do something and you don't do it, guess what? they're gonna keep bitchin'!
And you say he's "no better than his parents"? so his parents are the bad ones for trying to get him to accomplish something out of his life? he's their son and they care enough to want to see him do something productive. Everyone got yelled at growing up but some of us catch on quicker than others. Do what your parents ask of you and as soon as you're 18 move out! simple.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Dude, your dad is supposed to be hard on you... your mom is supposed to be the one who listens, and gives advice, and is supportive... once in a while your dad will say something nice, but usually they just point out your F*ck ups... they both still love ya. Anyway, go find a job, more are out there then ya think, and ya gotta stay positive man.

·
Bags are for Fags
427 Posts
hey it least ya got a truck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts