S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just picked up a 2000 4cyl 5spd s10 tonight for dirt cheap. It seems to be in great shape for the price i paid. It has a massive oil leak which the owner said he beleived to be a rear main seal, but when i got home i looked it over with a flashlight. I wasnt able to see much, but the top of the motor is covered in oil so im thinking his rear main seal leak theory is wrong. But anyways, I wanted to check the oil to see if I needed to add any, and I cant find the dipstick!! can somebody tell me where it is located, or better yet, even have a picture? The truck is bagged and has no wheel wells, so im wondering if the guy who did the work on it maybe removed the dipstick tube for clearance reasons or something? It was dark and I was only using a flashlight, but i beleive i should have been easily able to see where the dipstick was. Thanks

·
head turner
211 Posts
i have a 99 and its in the back portion of the moto on the driver side. and i have a tiny bit of oil buildup on top of my engine also and cant really figure out where its comming from. think im gonnma use thbe glow stuff in the oil to see if i can see where its comming from.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea I had to search on mine for the first time when I got it. Just look for the oil cap and open that up and the dipstick will be attached to it. ITs right in back of the motor where dropeddime showed you

·
I'm Cooler Online
198 Posts
Yea I had to search on mine for the first time when I got it. Just look for the oil cap and open that up and the dipstick will be attached to it. ITs right in back of the motor where dropeddime showed you
I got my truck a couple months ago and couldn't find it either. :rant:

I'm not an idiot, so I was like, WTF?? :eek: :rotf:

So I called my dad who has a 2000 S-10 and he told me it was attached to the oil fill cap, of course he laughed at me for a while first. Then I reminded him who had their '67 C-10 on the road and who didn't (he has one too, but mine's way more kick ass.)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had the same problem when I first got my 98. couldn't find it anywhere, I felt stupid as hell when I found out it was attached the oil cap.

·
Super Moderator
20,515 Posts
wow really? lol, its right by the header

you ladies probably read it as 710 instead oil :p

·
Registered
457 Posts
wow really? lol, its right by the header

you ladies probably read it as 710 instead oil :p
I used to the older vehicles that have the oil dipstick tube and the oil filler cap is on the valve cover. I didn't know what to think when I bought this truck.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
that was just a way for gm to same millions of dollars making this way.

I remember seeing it that way back in the early 90 on the celebrity

1 - 14 of 14 Posts