S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Umm... I'm confused, what are you trying to do? Are you trying to get rid of DRL's? If you are, I believe on the 97 and older, you just have to pull the drl fuse (#15 in the cab fuse box - I think). I think that might also kill your fogs if you have any though.

DogP

G

·
you pull the drl fuse that is on the left side of the dash where the door closes...Fog Lights are on a seperate circuit i belive
Later
Kenny

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
DogP is exactly right...fuse 15 will shut off Daytime Running Lights.

·
Proud to be a Cop!!!
939 Posts
Ummmm......Take off the front dash piece. Unbolt the fuse box so you can move it so you have fairly easy access to the wires. There should be one orange wire going in and two orange wires coming out of the #15 fuse socket. One orange wire coming out is for factory fog lights, and the other is for your DRL's. If you don't have fogs, just cut and cap them both. If you do have fogs, cut one, if that wasn't it, splice it back together and cut the other one and cap it. I did this about 1 1/2 years ago and still have no problems.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
This problem was a result of me overlooking the numbering setup of the fuses. I now know the numbers are actually above the fuse...not below it. I ended up pulling the wrong one. Haha. I expect to get a few laughs outta this one, but I'm still learning so its all good. I'm just glad i fixed this problem and my drl's in all of two minutes =-)

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
you want an easy killt o DRLs that literally takes 2 seconds to do? push your e-brake down to the first click, or until the BRAKE light comes on at the dash. it wont engage the shoes but it will kill the DRLs. youll just have to live with the brake light on tho..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts