S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the affliction? I swear these things are like crack. A friend of mine blew the motor up in her 92 Blazer 4x4, and she was going to sell it to the guy that told her the motor was no good. I said I would buy it from her planning on stuffing a junk yard motor in it and turning it around for some quick cash. when i got it home I decide to try to start it and see what would happen. to my supprise it started up and seemed to run fine with the exception of a nasty clunk comming from under the hood. I found out it was the alternator when it froze up sollid as I was watching it. next day I took the belt off so i could run it and see what else was a miss. after starting it, i looked it over alittle, and then closed the hood to pull it about 50ft. forward to my garage, I didn't know it had an aftermarket alarm that locks the doors when it is running. so now I am standing outside of my new truck withe doors locked and the engine running with now belt to turn the water pump. Sh!t! now it needs a window.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
That sucks u had to bust the window. Why didn't u just pull some spark plug wires until it died? Then u could have just unlocked the doors with a clothes hanger? O well now u can add some tint. :thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2k2xon20s: not until I fix it:) but then sure, what'll you give me? NCHEVYHEVN3: I had already closed the hood, and i was kind of freaking out:) By the way, I don't know if anyone has had to do this before, but it just feels sooooo wrong. I used a 15" steel wheel (just becuase it was the closest thing I thought would work), and it was much harder then I thought, the damn thing bounced off TWICE before it broke the window.

·
**** YOU
18,901 Posts
aphexandy said:
2k2xon20s: not until I fix it:) but then sure, what'll you give me? NCHEVYHEVN3: I had already closed the hood, and i was kind of freaking out:) By the way, I don't know if anyone has had to do this before, but it just feels sooooo wrong. I used a 15" steel wheel (just becuase it was the closest thing I thought would work), and it was much harder then I thought, the damn thing bounced off TWICE before it broke the window.
a real man woulda used his fist.:dunce: j/k dude. You should shave it n drop it.:chomp:

·
R.I.P.
15,175 Posts
first thing i would do is clean it up a little, like take off the chrome crap and running boards then drop the bish!!!

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
daz a 4X4 give it a lift :D unless its a 2.hate then it needs to be dropped cuz it cant move the wheels ehehehe

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just realized none of you probably know why I am calling it an addiction. thats because I now have FOUR of them. my 2000 X, my '86 2wd project V8 blazer (it's ganna be on the road this spring, I swear!) my '87 2.5 2WD 4sp. S-10 winter ride, and now this one. It's kind of like cocain, but more expensive. oh yeah, and you don't have to put them in your nose :bugeye:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and this is just a funny one of me in my usual state that I stumbled across while looking for pics of my trucks. hehe

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
LOL i would have used a coat hanger to try and pic the lock first even if that didnt work i still would not break my window i could never cause any pain to my truck i love it too much actually now that i think about it i probably woulda been really pissed about being locked out with the engine running so i probly would have put my fist through the window (or broke my hand trying to)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k2Xon20s: it sounds like you need something to drive in the winter? I havn't decided yet which on is going, but I know one of them (the 87 truck, or the 92 blaze) has to. too many unlicensed cars=pissed off city. I'll let you know which one I decide on when I do.

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
That sucks u had to bust the window. Why didn't u just pull some spark plug wires until it died? Then u could have just unlocked the doors with a clothes hanger? O well now u can add some tint. :thumbup:
i dare ya to go grab a spark plug wire while the truck is running.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts