S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I accelerate, ESPECIALLY if my truck is cold, I can hear water flowing like a fountain behind the dash. What would cause this?

It still does it after it warms up, but I can't hear it over the road noise even. When it's cold, I can hear it over the radio.

Is this bad?

-ee99ee

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's you're anti-freeze. Check the level. If you have the dexcool, do like I'm goin to do and have it flushed and put the green stuff in it.

·
ZR2 member
1,899 Posts
Dont see how you can hear the anti-freeze running.In mine all you hear is the engine fan when you first take off.If you are hearing water then I would say you have a leak.Lood down in the threads bet you see another along the same line.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
yea i hear the same thing in my 94 it only happenes when its cold you hear water and the fan have not idea what it is but most likly it aint hurtin anything

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
i havnt payed attentoion to it on my truck, but on my car u can clear hear it til it wartms up. fan doesnt turn on til its warm. damn electric fan

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
ok you prob have air in your radiator start ur truck take the top off let the air bubble out

Caution if you drive it and pull it off it will be hot :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts