S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I said screw it and bought a motor w/transmission... Its a 1998 Vortec 350. I haven't picked it up yet (salvage yard still had to pull it from the wreck), but I figure I'd give it a good cleaning before I put it in. I am depending on all the help and knowledge of all of you to make this swap as painless as possible!
I think if we put all our heads together (and my labor) we can get this thing in without a hitch!
Thanks in advance for all your help!
Scott

BTW: the motor is going in a 2000 regular cab Xtreme.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Do we all get to take it to our local track and drive it when it is done too?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
So you did find one that's not a 5.0? Good deal!! Good luck with the swap. Comp has a good roller cam that will wake up that Vortec too. That's what I had in mine, and I liked it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called all the yards in town and only one place had the complete motor and tranny intact.. It came out of a conversion van that looked to be well kept (except for the fact that it was rolled) so hopefully it wasn't dogged out.
I cannot wait to get it.. Yard said Saturday or Monday... The down side to that is my engine stand won't get here till Tuesday!
-
-
What kind of bolts do I need to hold the engine to the stand??

·
Registered
354 Posts
The bolts should come with the stand

·
Registered
3 Posts
they are the bolts that bolt the tranny to the engine i believe they are 1 1/2 long 3/8 diameter and coarse thread. you can pick them up at your local hardware store and get at least grade 5(three lines on the top).

·
V8 Horsepower junkie
15 Posts
good luck with the swap. 350's are fuuuuuunn. Shouldn't be too hard to find parts for, last time I checked 350 parts were fairly priced, and the aftermarket is pretty big. Lots of text on swaps too. Again, good luck! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts