S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a month of searching for the right S10 I finally signed all of the papers on my new truck, a white '01 Xtreme, extanded cab fleetside, third door, 2.2L automatic. The truck has crank-up windows and manual locks, but is pretty loaded otherwise.

Here's the story. My girlfriend wrecked her '92 Prelude a couple of months ago. After settling with the insurance company we finally decided that she would take the salvaged '96 Accord I've been rebuilding and I would go buy a '94 or '95 S10 with her insurance check. We happened to be shopping a dealership on Wednesday when I came across a beautiful white '01 Xtreme on the USED car lot. A friend of mine that works there encouraged me to take it out. It had 900 miles on it, and was marked down to $17,995! I took it out and was Xtremely impressed (pun intended) by the truck's handling, ride and looks. The ergonomics are awesome, too. It's about the slowest thing I've ever driven, but it's just a daily driver so I can keep some miles off my Camaro, so it's cool.

I went back and signed all the paperwork today. I pick up the check from my bank Monday, and then I get to go pick up my new baby!

Thanks to all the guys on here for talking up thier Xs. I loved the trucks before I found this one, but I wouldn't even have considered driving it and getting into a monthly payment if not for how much you guys love your trucks.

Thanks guys!

-Chris, one very happy new Xtreme owner,

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
New Truck

:D :D :D :D Congrates on your choice , I just recently bought my Xtreme in august and im very happy with it. Welcome to the few the proud the xtreme owners........lol

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Welcome aboard!! You will love your X. ive had mine since beginning of 99(new)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support! I'm off to the dealership in about an hour to pick it up. Tomorrow the process of pimping my reps for free parts begins. First is to hit up my Holley rep for a Powershot air filter, then the APC rep for some clear corners. I'm going to see if Gibson will comp me an exhaust but I doubt they will, so that'll have to wait a few months.

I'll post some pics in the Member's Rides section soon!

-Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts