S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the HYP-370202 power programmer III off of Ebay Motors. (have not rec'd it yet). Was further researching the programmer at Hypertech's website and just as I figured the dual fuel option (87 as opposed to 93 octane) is not offered on my model truck. What would happen if I used 87 octane with a tuned chip? Would this possibly damage the engine in any way? Would the performance suffer terribly if I was that cheap and saved a couple bucks using the lower rated ocatane?

My other question is, the rev limiter option is also not offered for my programmer/truck combo, how bad will this hamper my performance? I understand all the other tuning features I will benefit from but can I reach my trucks new top speed even if a rev limiter may still be intact? :cry:

·
Registered
11 Posts
HPP III 1997

hey, I owned a 370202 of 1997 before and I think I had not problem with that. First, the rev limiter is not exist in the 1997 model, if I am not wrong. You can either rev the engine until 6000, At least I can remember with mine. Second, you can choose the premium gasoline selection or the 87 selection. I prefer use the 93 selection. It will work better. Actually, I own a 2001 GMC with Hypertech III #30008 and it works great with no problem, it is almost the same as the 1997 but has added 2 additional questions in the computer. That is it.

Need some help, can e-mail me at [email protected]

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bobby,

thanks alot for the info! Have not yet rec'd the programmer, but if I run into problems, I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I sell it last year.

Hi, you know what. Last year when I crashed my sonoma 1997 I had to sell the hypertech 370202 in $200 to my friend. How much you pay for that??? See you.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts