S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to teh S- scene and i want to get rid of my governor and my rev limiter... i have a 2001 ext cab with a 4.3L and i cant seem to find any electronic stuff listed for the 2001. anyone with any ideas or suggestions all help is greatly appreciated

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx fast 98ss350, have ever used one or know anyone who has, id really like to know if it is worth the buck

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
well it raises both the top speed limiter (130) and the rev limiter which helps out alot, it can adjust for different tire sizes, and/or gear sizes, it can adjust for a 160 degree thermostat and for 93 octane fuel i cant tell you what kind opf gain you will see cuz i installe mine with like 11 different other things

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
htank you very much....how about a mass air flow sensor??

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Screw that hypertech programmer. Get a custom burned chip. Or a Superchip, they giv WAY more power.

As far as a new MAF sensor. If you buy one go with Granatelli. THey sell for about $330. If you wanna get the same effect, just remove the screen in front. ITs easy to do and takes 10 minutes to do. Just remove the V6 vortec box and you will see the screen in front of it, use a screw driver and remove the screen. You will notice a small difference and have better throttle response and a better job from a rolling race.

John

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the info john.... where can i get info on a custom chip???? can you give me a link??? i didnt even nkow there was such a thing.... ill do that screen thing today thast awsome

sean

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
you cannot get a chip for your year truck you will have to send off and ge it re-flashed which can go from 400 to 900 try machperformance.com for that the maf and a bored factory unit are in no way the same either dunno who told u that john but they r wrong first off the maf has a way larger bore and different sensors that are supposed to boost throttle response plus they act like a dummy oxygen sensor they tell the computer it is getin maybe 20% more air than it really is it depends on the car or truck and its engine not bein rude just lettin ya know;)

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx fast* will that screen mod do anything at all, i saw the MAF on Mach this morining i think it will be one of my next engine mods once i get a new job down here in the lone star state

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
it will do a little bit u can also port ur maf if u dont want to u can have mine for like 10 bucks since i dont have my truck anymore i dont need any of the stuff on it

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Fast 98 is right. Inquire about a custom chip and your pants will probably fall off!! 750 for my truck and would only guarantee approx 15-25 horsepower. Removing your MAF screen is not the same as an aftermarket unit. Like apples and oranges even though they appear the same. Go with a good fresh air intake, K&N and ppIII with the therm and you'll be smillin all the way to the bank cause you got the same thing for about 2 bills less....

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet deal, so i gather removing the screen is rather useless. im lookin for the most bang in my buck...im still young and trying to save some money while in college, i look at it as the more i save now...the more i got to dump in it later:evilg:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Not a waste to remove screen. notice slight increase in throttle response. Every looks for good chep DIY mods. SUrf this forum. Lots of ideas and most of us are real helpful

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet thanx everyone for the info...i guess im not alone in this s series world after all:thumbup:

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I have the Granatelli MAF and it does fool the computer to compensate for the increase in air flow. I also use the HPP3
and it also works great. Both are a good buy in my opinon:thumbup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
what mm do you suggest somebody just told me that it only works for about 2 weeks and then your computer compensates for it is that true????

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Save yourself 300 bucks and check out my post on Modding the stock MAF. Worth about 6 horse on the dyno. They fail to tell ya that that 15 horse increase they talk about is on a 5.7 litre chevy smallblock. More like 6-8 on a 4.3

Attachments

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Is that ported out stock maf?

How did you go about doing it, and how much was it?

I'll go hunt down that topic on here and check it out.

Thanks.........

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Hyper tech power Programmer

Does anyone know how to clear the memory onthe Hypertech power programmer so that it can be used on an other tuck?

does it have it's own battery, or is it powered off the trucks computer?

Thanks, dawgnutz out................................:thumbup: :evilg:

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
programmer is powered off the truck and to clear you have to reprogram the truck its installed on back to stock to use it on another truck.
i have a Granatelli maf don't bother with them just mod the stock one.it will work just as good. the Granatelli maf usually shows a lose in hp on a dyno from what i have seen from pepole that have dynoed with stock or the Granatelli maf.
best mod i ever did to my 98 is the black magic eletric fan.imo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts