S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the hell do you dudes get them from? I've been all over Akron / canton and no one carries anything close to what i need.

Stock lines are queer, not going that route.

I went over to summit racing (5 minute drive :p ) and picked up some adapters to -6AN (25 bucks), went over to parker store to get normal hydro lines made up, them dudes want 30 bucks a piece. no go on that deal.

Im not about to spend 85 bucks to hook up a 40 dollar booster.

end rant

discuss.

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
um... if you're not going to pay $75+ for the lines... good luck. To make my lines it cost about 3x as much as i paid for the booster... Like the other guy said... custom doesn't come off the discount shelf from walmart

edit: come to think of it... I paid about $35 a piece for 2 lines from a 92 full size with hydroboost ($70) and another $75 for the parker store to modify them for me the way i needed... so i paid $145 for the lines and $30 for the booster... This is why everyone says that hydroboost is the expensive route but it WILL give you more clearance then a small booster.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
yeah, lines aren't cheap. i've got a little over $150 in my lines/fittings as well.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jesus.

guess I'll run back over to summit and pick up some pre-assembled s/s NOS lines for 30 bucks a pop. sucks.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chevy power said:
Hey I am from Canal Fulton Ohio near Massilon and Canton. Where is that parker store you were talking about?
they call themselves Mega Fluidline Products
425 kennedy road. akron

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone called or visited http://www.hydratechbraking.com/ to see if you could buy the steel braided lines through them, they sell a whole kit for a s-10 and I have been meaning to call them and see if they would sell just the lines but havent had time...

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
Why will stock not do,, I did it and mine works just fine, you have to rebend a few but it's not that hard!

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rebent stock lines look goofy, plus I want to run them down the firewall and along the frame .

fauker said:
Why will stock not do,, I did it and mine works just fine, you have to rebend a few but it's not that hard!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
what i think u should do is go to local harbor freight pick up some shop air hose (the orange plastic ones) along with some cheap npt barbs and cross thread them into ever hole u need. then get some small hose clamps and tighten them on there too.

now theres the cheap route

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tuckinrim said:
what i think u should do is go to local harbor freight pick up some shop air hose (the orange plastic ones) along with some cheap npt barbs and cross thread them into ever hole u need. then get some small hose clamps and tighten them on there too.

now theres the cheap route
shit, hose clamps are expensive. what about some cute little zip ties???

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
I think what you're gonna have to do if that's the case, is get some hard line, with the right fitting for the boost, but without a rubber hose on it, then bend it up to your liking.

Do the same for the steering box, then where the hard lines run along your frame get them tied together with the rubber hosing!

You'll have to get a shop to connect them with the proper hosing and crimped ends, cause power steering puts out tons of psi, regular hose clamps and hose wont do.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fauker said:
I think what you're gonna have to do if that's the case, is get some hard line, with the right fitting for the boost, but without a rubber hose on it, then bend it up to your liking.

Do the same for the steering box, then where the hard lines run along your frame get them tied together with the rubber hosing!

You'll have to get a shop to connect them with the proper hosing and crimped ends, cause power steering puts out tons of psi, regular hose clamps and hose wont do.
What tuckinrim posted was a joke, I know him.

I deffinately went to summit and bought pretty NOS s/s lines. Gained lots of retail store speed points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts