S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my friend who has a 91 Isuzu pickup just got 2 hydraulics and 1 pump and everything needed to do the front, even some extra valve looking thing who our friend said when hooked up can make it do side to side.

i know this is the bag section, but it still has to do with suspension, and its an isuzu but you guys are the best to ask either way. if anyone knows alot about hydros, let me know, IM me on aim - blazinfc or post back. he has all the hose, wiring, and a switch, he needs to buy a solenoid because one is fried. but we just want to get the basics down of how the parts work, and hook up. thats how i learned about bags by asking questions and learning what everything is and how it works, so help us out if ya can so we can get him hoppin and draggin soon. thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
hey man ive never actually put switches on.But i have a few front bag kits.I have seen switches installed. first off your gonna have to rip everything down as in front suspension.Un do the spindles by taking the nut out at the top after your rip your brakes and rotor and shit off. bust the spindle off the bottom.never hit the threads on the ball joint make sure u hit the control or a-arm. youll have to unbolt the shock from the bottom of the arm. dont twist it until u bust the upper arm loose from the spindle. then take a floor jack put it under the control arm jck it up to where the pressure is took off the shock turn the shock to where itll slip throught the a-arm. and slowly let the jack down and u might have to pry the coil out.

·
Registered
819 Posts
after you get it ripped apart. undo the shock from the top. drill a hole as big as the cylinder.weld the cylinder in position. and then put the little thing on that goes on the coil. and put it back together and plumb it. and wire it youll have to ask somebody else on the wiring i know how to plumb em but id have to be there to plumb em. if you need any help holla at me i live in missouri i dont know where you live but im down to help you guys for free. do you guys have a welder if not your gonna have to get one.

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just how to install them on an isuzu front, i think i can figure out wiring and plumbing..but the installing of the cylinders is what im confused on. we live in Northwest FL. thanks for the help guys, keep it coming. PICS WOULD BE GREAT

·
Registered
819 Posts
drill a hole where the shock used to be and stick the cylinder through the hole the hole has to be the same size as the cylinder.

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Like Dustin said weld the cylinder in place and put the spring under it. The wiring is not difficult at all. Just remember the pump and the dump will have to be activated at the same time. The dump opens up, the pump pumps out, then the dump closes to not let the fluid back in the pump.
Laying frame is not a problem considering you cut your spring enough...

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
one way to do a torsion bar setup is to make a bracket out of a piece of 2" id thick walled pipe.the pipe will need to be welded to a sqaure plate. i am not sure if showtime or cce or anyone makes this bracket or not. i just make them.

this upper bracket will then have to be welded to the side of the frame above the lower control arm. it should be mounted as high as possible on the frame so if you want to run a mini coil between the cylinder and bracket you can. the cylinder will slide up into this bracket.

then on the lower control arm you can mount a swivel or hyme joint, but i would suggest a showball from showtime or powerball from cce.

the cylinder will then be mounted to the lower control arm and slide into the bracket that is mounted to the frame.

i dont have any experience with izuzus, but that is how we do mazdas and toyotas and is a solid way to run them

if you have 1 pump with 2 dump valves, you will only be able to raise the front at 1 time, and have separate control to lower each side.

you will also want to run 1 solonoid per battery minimum,

hope this helped

1 - 15 of 15 Posts