S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a devilbiss finish line 3 with a 6hp 33 gallon compressor, what size and type of hose should i be using? right now i have a 1/4 inch hose and its not really working too well.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is your compressor single stage? You might be at the border of what your gun requires? I just bought a GTi and am trying to figure out the same thing.... I don't know how big of compressor I need? Everyone has told me to get double stage though... Also you might want to check your fittings, if you have small fittings I think there is like a 20% drop in psi, I think Devilbiss has the HLVP ones that are twice the size in diameter. Also I don't know if you have anything else hook up like a regulator ect... that also causes a drop.... and I am guessing you are not getting the atomization that you want. Also try playing around with gun setup and make sure its clean. I just tested the Finishline three and thought it was a good gun for 100 bucks, I am going to buy one for Primer. Hope this helped...

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes thanks. the finish came out sandy. i eneded up using my step dad's crappy camb haus sipon gun, which got overspray EVERYWHERE. i have a 6hp 33 gallon craftsman compressor, i hope this is large enough. it should be. what size hose though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts