S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang. So I went to work on changing out the heater core. What are these engineers thinking when they design this stuff? Half the time, bolts are practically not accessable, you need the hands of a two year old and a total mastery of yoga to get into half the places. It just don't make sense other than they want it to be difficult so that you have to take the care to a mechanic, thus ensuring a market for their parts and service. Totally upsetting.

·
Truck is toast :-/
2,949 Posts
I've questioned the parentage of GM engineers out loud several times while working on my truck. How these things are designed is to go together quickly and cheaply on an assembly line, repairs be damned; its not a conspiracy against you. This happens with any modern vehicle, we're kinda stuck with it.

I

·
0 Posts
I helped my friend change one of the lines on his power steering on his 92 fullsize 4x4. we figured it would take a few minutes right wrong it would have been easy if we could access the nuts but we could only get a small twist from one side then had to change the angle of entry to the other side get another small turn then go back to the side we started on it was very agrivating (sp)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking to change the battery cable coming from teh starter to the battery. I gave up even thinking about how to do it. I would hate to change the started. There is no way it can be done without a lift and removing the passenger wheel. Wouldn't be surprised if the motor mounts need to be unbolted and the engine lifted slightly. Man, I miss the 80's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts