S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FLINT, Mich. (AP) - Officials in Flint, Mich., say they've had to replace hundreds of manhole covers and grates that were probably stolen and sold for scrap.

The Flint Journal reported Monday that nearly 400 cast iron covers and grates have been taken from streets in the past year. A cover can fetch $20 from a scrap yard but can cost the city more than $200 to replace.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91TTMSG0&show_article=1

WTF is wrong with people.

·
resident crybaby
1,517 Posts
im surprised that they werent turned in by the guys at the scrap yard

·
Our Milk Comes In Bags
746 Posts
wow. that is pretty crazy.

I know someone that went to my high school that stole a whole truck full of extension cords from the christmas light display at our local fair grounds and stripped all the wire and sold the copper out of it.
i'm not sure why but i find that really funny

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
im surprised that they werent turned in by the guys at the scrap yard
I've have heard that scrap-yard owners are claiming the stolen covers are hidden in bigger loads of scrap. Which everytime I've taken a load someone is either helping us unload off the semi trailers or watching so I don't see how they can't see some...

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
I've have heard that scrap-yard owners are claiming the stolen covers are hidden in bigger loads of scrap. Which everytime I've taken a load someone is either helping us unload off the semi trailers or watching so I don't see how they can't see some...
people at the scrap yard are in alliance with the thieves

·
White trash minitrucker
262 Posts
the scrapyards around here dont check vins. they make you write a vin down but they dont check it to the car. I bring the guy that cuts the checks donughts every day and i bring in a couple of dozen every monday. I get in and out faster than anyone there and i dont get harassed about a thing. I dont run stolen cars into the scrapyard, but i could and i wouldnt have to worry. i heard of a guy who scrapped a big rig that was left runnin
at a truckstop. not sure if its true or urban legend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts