S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking the LS oil pan sticky and it list two different numbers for the Hummer oil pan. One number beside Hummer 3 and one below where it says oil pan: Does anyone have the proper number for the pan for the 2wd S10 swap? Also I read that some had to or chose to notch with this pan, anyone not notching what motor mounts did you use?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got my headers, engine mounts, and oil pan from current performance when I ordered my harness as a package. They fit great.
I can’t say what the pan number is but they sell it with everything you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Current Performance list the 19212593 calling it the muscle car pan and same as the Hummer. Also that it fits without notching...thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also, the pan does not hang as low as some claim it does. I’ll try to take a picture when I get home tonight

·
Administrator
20,900 Posts
Yes that’s true. I should have specified that lol. 245/50/16

Without looking it up, I have no idea if those are shorter or taller...One thing to consider when going to a wider tire, is the possibility of a big brake upgrade or drop spindles or both. The big brake upgrade (LS1) will push your tire to the outside by the width of the rotor mounting face, along with drop spindles, you my have some interference with the fender edge.

I would hope that with the added power, added braking would be in your future.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have some 2" drop spindles, 1" coils and 3" drop leaf springs...3"X 3" drop. Starting off with 245/50/16's on ZQ8 wheels because I have them. I do have the LS1 brakes that I plan to add and the rear is an 8.5 with full-size disc. Florida does have excellent paved roads, think there would be clearance problems with this combo?

·
Administrator
20,900 Posts
What are the specs on the tires?...width, height...Stock ZQ8 tires are 26.1" tall. You need to get in there and take some measurements. Are your Zeeks going g to clear the full size discs/calipers out back??

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tire chart lists them at 25.65 height 9.65 width. By full-size disc, I meant whatever came on the S10 8.5/6. The ZQ's with 245/50/16's are on the rear now and apparently no problem. I will give them a good visual when I roll it back into the garage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have some 2" drop spindles, 1" coils and 3" drop leaf springs...3"X 3" drop. Starting off with 245/50/16's on ZQ8 wheels because I have them. I do have the LS1 brakes that I plan to add and the rear is an 8.5 with full-size disc. Florida does have excellent paved roads, think there would be clearance problems with this combo?
Maybe the country roads up by you are excellent. Down here in Tampa Bay area its crap rodas, construction or speed bumps/tables that hate anything lowered.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
1,671 Posts
Not a big fan of it hanging that far below... I'd probably have welded a short piece of angle iron to the bottom of the trans member, setup like a V to at least deflect anything, or reduce the force the pan would see from something hitting it.

Although the added oil capacity and ease of access to the drain plug is certainly nice.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
1,671 Posts
Depends, do you run xtreme valences? If not then you're fine. If so then expect the next speed table or speed bump to do some body-work to your valences... Underside of mine is fairly beat up...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Depends, do you run xtreme valences? If not then you're fine. If so then expect the next speed table or speed bump to do some body-work to your valences... Underside of mine is fairly beat up...

why my truck is, and will remain stock height.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
10 Participants
ezrollin561
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing