S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an led from my alarm system and i want to hook it up so it blinks when i turn the truck off. Is it possible and how would i do it. I tore the system out of my truck because it was old and i couldn't hook it up, I would just like the light to blink when the truck was off . thanks

·
fog it!
487 Posts
just find a wire thats hot when the truck is off like the memory wire on your radio

·
.:|Hustlin4life|:.
5,662 Posts
If you used the memory wire for the radio wouldn't it be on all the time? I remember a post like this awhile back, might try searching and see what you get.

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
they sell fake blinking leds that will do this. its ur best bet to go that way. otherwise find a wire that is switch with the ignition and wire it this way with a relay to turn off when the car is on.. most car alarm leds are 2v not 12v so ur gonna have to resistor it down

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
LOL...I had a buddy that was into electronics make me a LED that did this back in about 1995. I had planned to try and patent it or at least make a kit and sell it. He moved away and never gave me the schematics for how to make it. Now they sell the kits to do it already. More lost income! They keyless entry kit I put in my truck has LED security light built in.

·
PUNISHING GROUNDS
3,350 Posts
Ur truck is a first gen? If yah, there is a few lil slots in ur fuse box that will say ign or sumthin. A few of these lil slots r constant hot. Just find the ones with a test light or a meter, then use a male wire connector n it will fit right in. Run that wire to ur led or what not. I did this with a strobe in my truck.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I don't think they had flashing LED's back when my buddy made mine...he bought the components and soldered them together to make it blink.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts