S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 211 Posts

· 2.2 Extremist
4,513 Posts
And risk putting up with drunk techs who forget I have a five speed? No thanks, I'm good.

Oh and I got the y pipe too from the Yukon, it a dual pipe, shaped like the y pipes configuration.

· 1996 4.3 5 speed xtra cab
499 Posts
My question is this. If I have a 96 s10 and find a 5.7 ecu and wiring harness from a 96, why can't I just use the v8 pod section to the v8 ecu and the rest be the v6 wiring?harness.

499 Posts
There's two parts of the video, the author forgot to mention the pod ground wires. paste these numbers into youtube. vid-20110312-00016. Author is ldnjri123456

499 Posts
I take everything back. I said the hell with it and followed the video. She started, its even distinctive without the exahust. The videos right on. Too bad i have the 96 and need to deal with the abs light.Thanks Kagan 10!.

· ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
35,430 Posts
Of course you can. I believe the only thing different you need is 4wd headers and an oil pan. Do a search on here and you'll find your answer.

499 Posts
I will start with cutting the core support. I will be pretty straight forward. I cut the top, some people cut the bottom. I will let the pics do the talking.

Hey how did you get radiator lower since it was moved back? My hood hits the radiator. Did you cut sides of the floor so the radiator would drop? I noticed you kept the stock reservoir hose too, nice!

499 Posts
Oh ic, you take the strip of rubber off from under the hood that's near the radiator cap, cut a little metal/ hammer gently and remove some pieces if that heat felt crap... I'm done. Total time, 6 full days to do this swap. Too much fabrication. Hope its worth it.

499 Posts
Not like it was a hard swap, like dropping a 2j in an old poopra. Not even worth taking pics. Describing the install should be proof enough. But I'll post in the morning with the 2 nv3500s and an extra Bell housing that took forever to pull out of the transmission at the j yards today. That's proof its me when I post. Silver extra cab 2wd.

499 Posts
Best I can do to hold you over till morning, I took this video 3 days ago. Notice the Centerline fuels the sweet light wheel and tire combo lol. Not good at posting pics.

161 - 180 of 211 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.