S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot where i posted the last question i asked so ill just make a new thread so i can find it easyer. Anyways i dont understand how to shave the door handles, i mean how do u get in? And how do u shave the gas cap? Where do u put in the gas. And i guess the tailgate handle just goes on the other side? i wana do all this but i need some guidence and some retailers/prices if anyone can help!! Thanks! Corey :evilg:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Common people this is pathetic someone has to know some stuff to help me out!:uhoh:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Well, I know how to do it, but I dont have it all done myself. I do have the tailgate shaved and thats easy, get a kit from Sir Michels. As for door handles, There is a salinoid on the inside of the door that pulls the linkage inside which is controled by a car alarm type remote, I have this instaled on my tailgate and it is sweet! The gas cap, well, you have to relocate it into the inside of the bed wall, pain in the ***s if you ask me. but then agian so are shaved handles. If you do want shaved handles, check out a company named autoloc. you can find their add in any sport truck or truckin mag. good luck, let me know your plans!

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Well, the door handle kit and poppers you can order from Sir Michaels... for I believe a total of 60 and it comes with a little key fob thinggy that when you push the button the door pops open ..

The gas cap I have no clue... but then again have no clue why anyone would do that..

and yes the tailgate handle just gets put on the inside..

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
I dont know how framiliar you are with Sport Truck Mag, but like 6 moths back, they had a sic yellow S10 that had the Gas cap shaved and relocated, I will try and give you the month and a pic. It seems like an easy mod to do, except for repainting your bed.

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
ConnecticutX said:
I dont know how framiliar you are with Sport Truck Mag, but like 6 moths back, they had a sic yellow S10 that had the Gas cap shaved and relocated, I will try and give you the month and a pic. It seems like an easy mod to do, except for repainting your bed.
Well you could just mount it inside your bed.. but I don't really see that as something as I will be doing any time soon....

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
what would be cool is to mount your gas filler in behind your driver side tailight. have a some kind of a hinge mechanizm on your tailight so it swings out. and your gas filler hides inside.

its a lot better than putting it inside the bed, coz you might want to have carpet in there. and i dont think you want to spill gasoline in your carpet.

and also you might want to have a push button for your door opener. a good place to hide it is to mount it in the cab side of the gap in between the cab and box. ive seen it done and it looks trick.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
id say find a 57 chevy and try to duplicate the mechanism

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw one at a truck show that was behind the tail light he used two of the rear hatch pistons. Like the ones that hold up the rear glass on the S Blazers He had a button to unlock it and when it opened it stuck out like 18" enough to get the gas hose in there It was kinda trick looking.

·
Registered
821 Posts
there is a company that makes a euro style taillight that is hinged so it swings open, but you have to run the filler neck to the taillight. i plan do do this next winter when i shave everything.

·
Registered
821 Posts
i can't remember where i saw it, i think it was from apc. when i wanted to do it i was gonna call and ask them if they made it. i'm really not sure who makes it, but i am very sure that there is one out there

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have seen a hinged tailight with the filler neck behind it....it wa trick looking....very clean looking tahoe

·
crouchingS10hiddenVETTE
1,936 Posts
in mt a few months ago.. january? there is a first gen that has the newer door handles that are mounted on the bottom of the door like below the body line .. same curviture and all .. and it was painted so it looks sick and you dont have to worry about stupid electronics lockin you out.

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
the problem with mounting the filler hole behind the tail light is having a stock gas tank in the stock placement and having a 5 foot filler neck. maybe if you relocated the tank jus inside the tailgate, but i wouldnt run a 5 foot filler neck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts