S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
st you need the kits to do both . get a 35lb pull kit for your doors and get a handle relocator kit for you tail.

ill try to some it up real quick. to do the tail gate you have to unbolt your handle in the tailgate cut a large enough hole to mount the relocator to 1st. weld the plate over the old hole then hook your handle to the levers inside the tailgate. bolt that off then finish up the body work to the plate. make sure to spray with water when yout welding do it does not warp when welding [if you didnt know].

do the body work on the doors the same way. but dont shut your doors lol.. hooking up the kit is not prob. when you buy the kit it has directions. basicaly you mount the solonoids to the doorwhere the power locks normALY ARE. then the lil cable that come with the kit you hook to where your door handle formaly connected [the bar i guess you would call it]. run the wires to the brains which is like hooking up an alarm.thats pretty much it . good luck i hAVE my tailgate shaved im working on MY DOORS NOW. ILL INSTALL THE KIT soon then have body work done to it.

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Please explain the using water when welding

·
I only got 9 fingers!!!
1,397 Posts
I think he was saying use the water to keep the metal cool. Get a small bucket with ater in it and keep a rag near by. get the rag wet and compress near welded area. The water will cool the metal and the weld.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts