S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a buddy of mine pull the trans out of his 97 Sonoma 2.2 so we can put in a new clutch.

We can't seem to reach the top two trans to motor bolts. Does anyone know how to do it? We are at a loss.

Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is tough for sure. Take out rear trans mount, remove crossmember and let it rear of the trans down as much as possible. Then you can take a big pry bar and bend the body flange up at the bolts, put a socket on with a flex joint, a flex socket is better if you have one, and usually you can get those out. I make sure to put them back in snug, not real tight, for next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I did finally get those two bolts out. Man what a job. I've never pulled a trans on an S10 / Sonoma and wow I have to say it's a hell of a job.

Started 9:00am and 11:30pm that night we got the trans pulled and removed the fly wheel and clutch. It just seems we have every little thing fighting us the whole way. Sometimes that just happens I supposed.

Hopefully tonight we can get it all assembled. I took the the fly wheel to work with me so I can get it turned on my lunch break.

Later
Malcolm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.