S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 X and would like to know how to get the rear view mirror off without busting up the windshield. Anyone know how? Any special tools required ?

·
wut u talkn bout willis?
695 Posts
yea that would work...or you could do like me...i was driving down the highway..music wasnt even on..i was on the phone..hit small bump and the damn thing broke right off...the only thing that was holding it was the map light wires....so i pulled over and couldnt get the map light wires unplugged for somereason..so i thought to myself....oh well i always wanted a billet mirror..so i got my knife out and cut those stupid map light wires right in half..and stuffed what was left back up iinto the headliner..lol..then went on my way home..that was back in july..i have yet to get a replcement mirror..lol

·
Registered
565 Posts
that still didnt answer the question. I would like to know as well

·
Registered
38 Posts
there is a clip on the underside of the mirror base that you need to loosen with a small screwdriver. Be very carefull and wiggle the mirror, should come right off

·
low n slow
60 Posts
whatever happened to the single tiny phillips screw holding the mirror to the base.......oh, that was too easy for theives to get my mirror after breaking in my truck....lol!

·
Registered
484 Posts
ya a hairdryer will work
i just heated mine from the outside then went inside and pulled it off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts