S-10 Forum banner

How to Pull a Leaf

48K views 127 replies 48 participants last post by  joesmokabo 
#1 ·
There's a new story entry added:

How to Pull a Leaf

wanted to get my truck down quickly and cheaply. Also, with the 94 SS springs, the ride was quite harsh, and I wanted a way to soften it up a bit. So I decided to pull a leaf out of the pack for the time being. I looked around and couldn't find any real desciption on how to do it, so I wrote my own. Here we go:

#4 ·
Should add a note that all bolts should be SOAKED in PB Blaster or AeroKroil a few days ahead of time. I broke my center leaf bolt on both sides and had to go to work and machine new ones.

#7 ·
Mine is a 94 with 130K and it was a PITA. I soaked mine in AeroKroil an hour or so before and it didn't help one bit. It never hurts to put it on there...it can only help you.

#12 ·
1 leaf= 1.5 inches??? sounds good if that is tru, and my truck needs new shocks too anyways.

#14 ·
I did a 4'' block, and pulled a leaf. It seems too high though, can i pull another leaf, or should i just buy the drop leafs. I lowered the front 4'' and the back is 3'' higher than the front. I'm running low pro tires now, but will be changing them after winter. I can post a pic if you want.

#25 ·
i just pulled all but 1 leaf. someone decided to weld the bottom nut on, so i had to cut it. i was expecting leafs do go flying everywhere... but they didnt... i had to pry them apart with my 3ft pry bar... kinda sucked...

#26 · (Edited)
I have a 2/3 inch drop witha 4.3, but the front dropped about 3 - 3.5 inches (I think it may have been a kit for a 2.2... but I got it for $80), rear is way higher... Considering removing a leaf but I'm not planning on cutting the bump stop AND I occasionally carry my motorcycle in the back... I do have some brand new, stiffer shocks, though.

Anyone think it's a bad idea?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.