S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a new story entry added:

How to Pull a Leaf

wanted to get my truck down quickly and cheaply. Also, with the 94 SS springs, the ride was quite harsh, and I wanted a way to soften it up a bit. So I decided to pull a leaf out of the pack for the time being. I looked around and couldn't find any real desciption on how to do it, so I wrote my own. Here we go:

·
Registered
27 Posts
zq8 overload spring removal

Did the ride get smoother? My zq8 is really choppy and I was thinking of taking out the bottom overload spring . Any thoughts? Thanks Joey

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Should add a note that all bolts should be SOAKED in PB Blaster or AeroKroil a few days ahead of time. I broke my center leaf bolt on both sides and had to go to work and machine new ones.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Mine is a 94 with 130K and it was a PITA. I soaked mine in AeroKroil an hour or so before and it didn't help one bit. It never hurts to put it on there...it can only help you.

·
I drive upside-down
1,040 Posts
Mine is a 94 with 130K and it was a PITA. I soaked mine in AeroKroil an hour or so before and it didn't help one bit. It never hurts to put it on there...it can only help you.

what leaf would you pull in a 4 pack ?

·
S10 Youngn87
68 Posts
I got a first gen extended cab, already got a three inch block, but needs to be lower. I have a four degree pinion shim in there already, would i have to put a bigger degree shim in it for the pinion if i pull a leaf?

·
Registered
342 Posts

If I pull a leaf how much lower will i get? Im trying to level the rear end of my truck. I also hav 30 series tires how bad will the ride really get for going the short way instead of putting a block back there?

·
Registered
342 Posts
1.5ish.
should ride fine if you only pull 1 leaf

1 leaf= 1.5 inches??? sounds good if that is tru, and my truck needs new shocks too anyways.

·
Definite Obsessions
749 Posts
I did a 4'' block, and pulled a leaf. It seems too high though, can i pull another leaf, or should i just buy the drop leafs. I lowered the front 4'' and the back is 3'' higher than the front. I'm running low pro tires now, but will be changing them after winter. I can post a pic if you want.

·
So what if i drag my ass
1,087 Posts
well if your gonna do that don't be a cheap a$$ go buy drop leafs the ride will be better.

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
I did a 4'' block, and pulled a leaf. It seems too high though, can i pull another leaf, or should i just buy the drop leafs. I lowered the front 4'' and the back is 3'' higher than the front. I'm running low pro tires now, but will be changing them after winter. I can post a pic if you want.
what were the original and after measurements?

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
post a pic, something doesnt sound right

1 - 20 of 128 Posts