S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blue and Silver Xtreme
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get to taking out the old speakers, i know how to hook it up from there. Also if anyone has some pics of how to for some reason please post them. thanx

·
Blue and Silver Xtreme
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have an 03

·
Registered
55 Posts
the ones in the top part of the dash are self explanatory to get out...for the door ones....look for all the screws (one near door handle....under arm rest......the whole damn door panel comes off.....pull the hell outta it....held in by clips

might wanna look in the sound & security section for more....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just did the 4x6s' in the dash...you may need to file down the stock speaker lip on the underside of the grill on the drivers side...(youll see it when you get it off its really long) if you are adding speakers with a larger magnet structure. I put in a set of Planet Audio speakers and the magnets were almost 3/4 of an inch longer than the stockers! I just used a Dremel drill with a sanding disc to grind it down so that the grill would fit back on the dash...worked great just took about 10 minutes...passenger side dropped right in no modification needed. Hope this helps!!!!

BTW...GM speaker colors are light for + and dark for - (tan and light green if I remember right!!!!)....there is a link in the audio, security section somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts