S-10 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Now slide the shifters boot and handle onto the shifter assembly..the boot will clip into the console, and theres a small c-clip that pushes into the handle to keep it locked down.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Move to the inside of the armrest, and theres 2 more bolts to tighten. These two studs in the floor are from the old console, you may or may not have them. If not, just run a bolt through the floor. Here I used a couple sheetmetal screws and washers. The studs would have lined up if I hadnt move the console 1" forward.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now that everything is hooked up and it works, Its time to finish dissambling the rest of the stock setup. I don't like to get rid of everything until the very end because you never know if youll be able to finish your project or not..

The 94 column is a first gen column and requires a hammer and punch to knock the pin out to remove the shifter arm. All 95+ trucks will have a single bolt in the bottom to remove the arm.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The rest of the shifting assembly is in the engine bay..The mechanical linkage removes by pulling the clip straight up off the columns arm..

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
As for reference, heres what the setup should look like in a 95+ truck. You can see the large muti-function switch on the side of the tranny, and that the arm is facing in and at a forward angle..

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Notes:

There is a bit or wiring that still needs to be done after the install is complete. I didnt have the chance to hook up the light in the shift gate, so Ill need to do that soon. Also Id like to hook up the lockout feature so it locks the truck in park when I turn it off; Ill need to pick up the wiring pigatils for that.

In the future I will also need to replace the columns sleeve with one from a manual truck to get rid of the hole from the old shifter.

I will update this thread with pics/info when I get around to completing them.

There is also a copy of this thread in case you want to ask questions ect in the interior forum, located here: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56315

21 - 27 of 27 Posts