S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
them romove the factory brackets. Then on the original seat measure how far apart the mounting holes are. wright them down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
set your factory brackets aside. Now measure the mounting holes and the seat you want to put in. write those down also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't take enough pictures of this step. hopefully you'll understand.

Next see how far apart the differences are in the mounting holes. I took a piece of newspaper, folded it into quarters for a center mark, and marked the mounting holes for both seats on it. Next get a piece of flat iron wide and long enough to accomodate both mounting holes. for mine it was 3" thick and 14"long. mark your holes using the paper and a punch. drill the holes out. bolt the flat iron to your factory brackets, make sure to mount them in the factory holes, not the holes for the seat your trying to install. When your done there you should have something that looks like bellow. factory brackets with holes to mount your disired seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next grind off the bolts sticking up. paint if you want. and bolt your disired seat using the other set of holes you drilled in your flat iron. Then bolt the seat back into the truck just like it was the factory seat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts