S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the thread says.. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I bought an AirRaid for a 98 SS.. 4.3...

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
Just take off everything in front of your maf it comes apart with a few nuts and bolts!! You will no longer need it and the airraid just fits on to your stock tubing!!

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh I thought I had to hook this stuff up to some computer or something.. Thats what i was told.. Also, will this help me at all?? Will I notice a difference?

·
Registered
563 Posts
it will make your engine more throaty sounding, and throttle respondes will be better, but i often wonder if its just the sound that making you think your going faster then really whats happening. For sure it will sound better though and better gas mileage

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Yeah you won't really notice any performance enhancement but the intake will compliment other mods you put on. Especially when you get headers and exhaust. I have a throttle spacer along with my airaid and those together get ya off the line a little faster.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
dont bother with the spacer, its worthless. the air intake will give you a LOT better throttle response, and a cool whistling noise (least a K&N). the next best thing you can do is a better exhaust system, because the engine can pull in air better...but its still exhaling thru a stock exhaust system.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats true.. I was going to do that (exhaust) for X Mas, but I have a problem.. Bumper cover or Exhaust?? Which should I get?

·
12,507 Posts
exhaust. going fast is more important than looking pretty.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha yeah I agree lol.. Now what muffler should I get? Like a Flowmaster Model 40 and have the shop run the pipes, or should I buy the whole kit with pipes and all?? Which would be better?

·
12,507 Posts
get the Flow 40 and have the exhaust shop do the pipes, a whole lot cheaper that way.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, with them doing the pipes and me buying the muffler, its only going to cost me about $130.. Should I get in dualo out, or in out?

·
12,507 Posts
personally, i like them. i never lost any power with a 3" in/dual 2.5" out, but a lot of people say they do. duals really make a big difference for sound, theyre louder and deeper than a single pipe, but thats about it. you also have to spend money on the 2nd tip, but the look was worth it for me when i had mine done.

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
The airaid intake doesn't give you a whistling sound but the throttle spacer does. Sounds like a supercharger to a certain extent. Muddy I don't know why you say a throttle spacer isn't worth it. Its $100 and you get better MPG and some throttle response along with extending the horsepower over a wider RPM range a little bit. I say for a $100 its not bad but if all your looking for is hp gains then its not. But my truck is a daily driver and I drive over 50 miles a day so the better fuel economy is a plus for me.

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Oh and also with a throttle body spacer you don't have to worry about running lean with the throttle plate mod.

·
12,507 Posts
i never gave a good shit about MPG and mine was a daily driver, i was more looking to increase power and such. $100 is a lot for me since im in college, especially if its only going to result in slightly better mileage.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So an AirRaid intake doesnt help me at all, is that what youre saying? Also, Im not looking for extra MPG, just a lot of extra horses without having to spend all the money on Superchargers or Nos.... Any other suggestions?

·
12,507 Posts
no, thie CAI will help a LOT. the TBI spacer is what wont really help you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ok heres my 2 cents the airraid has to help somone, i just flipped the lid on my intake and i felt a huge difference and thats with a shit paper filter

1 - 20 of 35 Posts