S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how to install a tach on a 2000 s10 5 speed? its by autometer. i really just need to know where to hook up the wire that gets the RPM's i know how to hook all the other wires up. thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and it works good?

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
i splice the signal wire at the PCM..i belive it is a white wire...yeah ...it is a white wire...PIN 10 on the on the #2 Connector which should be black..i used this method and it has worked great for over a year..
Hope this helps.
Kenny

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best way to find out is to go to www.autometer.com and get the number and call them. They will be able to tell you exactly where to connect it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the P.C.M located closely to under the ashtray? if it is tehn my has 3 blue connectors (which is confusing me), so i looked at the middle one and there is no wire going into the 10th hole.but there is a white one going into the 11th hole. and i tried the green wire on top of my instrument cluster harness and it did no good. what to do?

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
PCM is under the hood chief on the passenger side...should be a solver box...with 2 long connectors goin into it....right near the blower motor

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats a hood chief? and is the pcm real close to the kick panel?whats a solver box?sorry dont know what these are.

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
it is UNDER THE FREAKIN HOOD....you know where the engine is!!!!.......it is not inside the FREAKING CAR...it is outside...the car

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awwww ok that helps thanx man.lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wait a minute, what color is it the only thing i see on the passenger side that has a bunch of wires is purple and black

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all your help guys i got it and its sssswwweeeeeetttt. thanks especially to you badassminitrck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts