S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here is my experiance. I have been driving a lot latley, and i noticed that my gas mileage was not doing so well. i was getting about 15mpg and i was driving 40% highway, 60% city. last week i decided that i was shooting for maximum mpg, on acceleration i kept it under 2000 rpm, and i cruised at 65 on the highway (2000 rpm) and just by doing that i got 20 mpg and majority of that was city driving. my mods are listed below. I am a firm beliver that my lead foot was the reason for shitty gas mileage. try it , it really works.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yea im a firm beliver that taking it easy on the go pedal will give you better mileage. But i rather spend the extra money in gas and have fun and get places on time. lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yeah i agree, sometimes i feel like im 110 years old, but o-well, sometimes its worth it, and it saves tickets.

·
Registered
183 Posts
get a 4 banger

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
I found an awesome mod you can do that'll save you about 2mpg. First, take your seat, and move it back allll the way, then move it back more. NOW, when you drive its harder to press the pedal down:thumbup:

SKeTchy

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
Don't forget to check the air pressure in your truck tires regularly.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
yes, tire pressure kills my mileage.

IT sucked it back and found I only had 25psi in them, SHIT!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts