S-10 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
ok, reviving this thread, and im sure you bagged guys do it, but ill be running 2" spindles and 3" springs that i want to cut a coil off of, do the bagged guys do the frame cut and dehump the LCA. or will that kill my shocks because of too much travel at that point? could it kill ball joints as well from the added amount of movement/angle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to gain additional 2" of usuable suspension travel

This is for the guys that have a 2" or 3" drop spring on the front of there trucks, and have the trouble of bottoming out quite offten.

edited... now an attached image.

If you look at the pic posted above (borrowed fromm Avtekk) you will see the blue line drawn on the factory bumpstop, you will want to, with a hacksaw, cut the bumpstop down to this line, this alone will give you more suspension travel. NOTE… you will not gain anymore travel by cutting down past this line, or removing the bumpstop totaly, to gain additional travel you will have to do some cutting...

Look at the red line i drew on the back side of the frame, when the bumpstop is removed totally, this is where the lower A arm and the frame would make contact, to solve this problem you can cut this part of the frame out. By cutting the frame on the red line, this will alow the lower A arm to come up higher into the frame. After the part of the frame is cut out, you will want to raise the A arm up until it stops on the frame, this will check to see if it now clears better, you may need to do a little grinding for a nice fit. By cutting the frame out here, you can now run a very small aftermarket poly urthane bumpstop, and not here that annoying metal on metal sound.
Will this be the same for s10 blazer 2004 ??

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,222 Posts
It's the same..more or less. Rear springs are not the same, and the front spindles are different.

In the future, look at the dates on the threads. This one is 16 years old.

Here's a link to the forum rules. It will give you guidance.

Closed.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts