S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Fast_Lo96 said:
this thread has risen from the dead like what, 3 or 4 times
that would because its a stickied thread and allways remains at the top in the helpfull dropping links thread (second thread from the top of the page)

·
Bring back *DARK STYLE*
1,592 Posts
Might as well revive this thread again but i was wounderin if you "98layinframe" had any of the pics that you previously posted. Because now they dont show up and im about to bag the front and was lookin for some visual aid so if you can post some more pics it'd be awesome.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
sorry my old computer crashed awhile back and i lost a good bit of my pics.... but i did manage to save some to a cd before hand, so hopefully there on there. I'll try and find the old ones. But for now, heres a pic I have, i recently recut the back side of the pocket out and moved the wall back some to accomidate the bag better and to offset it more towards the back of the spring pocket for more usuable travel range out of the bag. Also the upper bag cup is just hanging there by a few threads of the bolt, when the bolt is tight... the top of the roll plate just about touches the top of the frame cut out there and sits even with it.

Long story short... heres a pic of my frame with a 2b7 bag hanging in there. Gives you sorta an idea as to where was cut. Also the little angled section on the front of the pocket by the tierod notch it there to clear the lower control arm when laidout. Hope this helps you guys a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I am new at this I have just got a 2000 Sonoma and want to take it down a few """"" is it better to go springs or spindels in front ,and blocks or blades in the back ,can somebody out there help Thanks Turbow 1

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
For years I thought my LCA was bottoming out where my bump stop was because I removed it completely thinking that was what was hitting. Next time I have it on the lift I'm going to check this out. I could have sworn I had a bare metal spot on my frame from where my LCA hits it every once and a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, running 2" dropped spindles with 2" lower springs will bottom out lower control arm? what is good source to figure out proper length shocks? Thanks for all the info posted so far.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have been holding off on cutting this section out for around nine months now because I didnt want to have to box it back in. But if the general concensus (sp?) is that I do not have to I will cut it today! What shocks will work with this? I have 3" springs with blown nitros right now.

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
I am running these re-labeled Doetsch Tech Shocks. You do not have to box in your frame for that small cut, us bagged guys have the whole spring pocket cut out with no problems.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G7720/

As for the 2" spindles, they will not affect your suspension travel, which is why you don't need to run drop shocks with them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you have 3" spings, or even just an issue with bottoming out your 1" or 2" setup and have not done this you NEED to. I took the plasma cutter to it tonight and it only took 10 minutes a side including the drawing and measuring part. I tossed some shaved down bump stops on there and "Now i'm like, OMG Beckys' not even hot."

·
I Pewpt
54 Posts
Anybody else besides the bagged guys done this yet?
I'm really thinking about going with this method rather than dehumping the LCAs.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Did the frame trim on my daily probably over 2 years ago... still driving around with zero problems. The only time I hear any noise is when a really big bump shoves my taller winter tires rubbing into the inner fender.

·
I Pewpt
54 Posts
My bad @layinframe, just saw the pic you put up on #25...that big chunk was just for fittin the bags though right? I'm just wanting to stay static so I'm really only worried about the area the bumpstops contact.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Either of you have any pics of after you cut it? I think I might weld a plate in...just for integrity's sake.
Once you really look around you'll see theres no room or good way to do this. Cut and leave it alone. You could have the plate extend outward but you wont be giving yourself a whole lot of strength really... and the coil sits inside so theres not exactly a lot of room there either. I've beat the hell out of my truck with this mod and theres been no issues. I dont think you need to worry the slightest bit. There are ways to brace but really I doubt its necessary.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts