S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is new to me as I am realy into muscle cars. But I have a 91 sonoma ex cab. I just put my new wheels on 205 65 15 tires. I don't know if it looks funky or I'm just parinoid that I put to short of a tire on it. Anyway I'd like to drop it an 1" or 2" just to fill up that space in the fender wells. Would like to go the most inexpensive route(safe+sane) I was reading about blocks and kits but couldn't understand it completly HELP:eek:

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
:werd: with that tire set up and a stock height...I would recommend a 2/3 coil/block drop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dropping it with 3" blocks and springs Will this do anything to the pinion angle?? And also can I use my stock shocks??

·
I need a job, No one hire
365 Posts
only if its an ext cab IIRC

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
If you have a regular cab, you should be able to use a straight block with no problems. For extended cab trucks, I'd recommend an angled block for 2" or more. Also, if you have an extended cab you may want to check out the driveshaft alignment kit from Jags That Run. My 97 ext. cab has been driving me crazy with vibration issues since day one, and I'm still at stock height...

·
murse
13,200 Posts
i have a 3/4 drop on 20s with stock shocks. that drop is so mild that it wont really affect your pinion angle a lot. and your stock shocks should be fine.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
For an extended cab I'd recommend angled blocks or straight blocks with a 2 degree pinion shim for the rear. Your stock rear shocks will be fine. If you go with drop coils up front, you'll need new shocks, but if you use spindles, you can keep your stock shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts