S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite - probably a stupid question - but what all do i need to drop an S10 from the 2/2 it has as a ZQ8 to say a 4/4 or 4/5? what needs to be taken off and what needs to be bought? thanks for the help -

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
I am not completly certain, seeing that I am not a ZQ8 owner, but I believe all you would need are 2" drop spindles and 2" blocks. Just like a normal drop, its just that you will have to add the fact that your truck already has a supsension drop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm alrite - thanks...i'm gunna go into town tomorrow and ask some of my friends - i'm just not satisfied with the 2/2 drop (though the ZQ8 out handles my parents Grand Prixs!!)

·
stock is the new fixed up
530 Posts
i have a 2/2 drop on top of the zq8 and its perfect....i used belltech dropped spindles on front, and 2" blocks on the back, no problems rubbing or scraping (sometimes on the front airdam if your going too fast on a dip or RR tracks).

·
Bags are for ****
427 Posts
do at 2/3 on top of the ZQ8 its perfect , if u do a 2/2 its not level

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
i have an xtreme with a 2/3 drop, (which has the zq8 suspension) and it is perfectly level and sits and rides really nice

go to www.summitracing.com

go with all belltech supplies

if you need help finding which ones to buy let me know i'll find em for ya

heres a pic of mine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woh - looks nice - so what all do i need exactally? i love that look on your truck...i wish mine didn't have those stupid steel bumpers - i gotta get a body kit too...so a 2/3 drop from belltech...what exactally do i need? blocks...etc etc??

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
ya your stock shocks will work just fine, give me like 5 mins and i'll put together everything you need from summit

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
K here is everything you need, www.summitracing.com

type these in under the 'Enter Summit Part#'

bel-2100
that is for the drop spindles

and

bel-6200
those are blocks if you have a STD cab truck

bel-6202
those are blocks if you have an EXTENDED cab truck

the difference between the blocks are if you have a std cab you dont need the 2 degree taper but if you have an ext truck do

i think out the door, your at $171????

any other q's let me know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alrite...the 2/3 drop kits from stylinconcepts include the nitro shocks...but which one would i need? they have like 4 for a 2WD 2.2L reg cab.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HMm! alright thanks - is this a do it yourself job? could i do it in my garage (located in suburbia hell!)? i've done some stuff to my truck - but i don't know what all this requires - and under $200 is just too tempting - i gotta do it hehe

·
Bags are for ****
427 Posts
man its simple just get 2" drop spindles and 3" tapered drop blocks or un tapered blocks for a non ex cab."

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
ya me and my dad it in our garage, he had a broken arm at the time too..... and im only 16.... lol we just took the weekend to do it. saturday a spindle and the blocks, then sunday the other spindle.

if you look around for some threads you will pick up on how to install them fairly quickly. blocks are very simple to do, spindles take a little bit of work you need a pickle fork of some kind to help get it off. but look around here search for "2/3 drop" i know theres a bunch of threads, offthehook needed a lot of help and we worked him through it no problem, but for tonight im beat and going to bed, if you need any more help or anything i'll get back to ya in the morning

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
MtDewS10Zq8 said:
alrite...the 2/3 drop kits from stylinconcepts include the nitro shocks...but which one would i need? they have like 4 for a 2WD 2.2L reg cab.

what brand of spindles they using? and whats the price?

k you need to go with part bel-6200 if you go with belltech, the NON-tapered blocks

·
Bags are for ****
427 Posts
and its no problem doin your self if your the lest be mecancially component :blaugh:

·
Bags are for ****
427 Posts
i worked on it a day takin breaks and lubin bearing and such. . . but i guess could be done in a few hours? or so

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
for your first time, it will probly take a good full day, just to make sure you did it right.

blocks maybe about 1.5 hours total if you have a sawzall
spindle maybe 2 hours per side

1 - 20 of 21 Posts