S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
@WirthDesign
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get into Air-Brushing but I am not sure what all I need to get started. I am lookin to spend up to $175. I assume from what I seen on eBay that I need a compressor, airgun and tips. Anything else I might need? I seen some kit on ebay for about $130. Any advice or tips would help me out.

:guitar:

·
Registered
585 Posts
compressor, water trap is important, and brush. i personally use an iwata eclipse hp-bcs. it's dual action siphon feed. will paint small as about 1/8" line up to about 3". if ure lookin for a good deal on brushes try www.dixieart.com . they got some good prices and quick shipping.

·
Registered
585 Posts
not really a great setup...you'd probly not enjoy using it 2 much. you really would be better off with a dual action, paasche vl is better. that means you get 2 controls out of it for better fade work. push the triger in to start airflow, and pull back to start paint flow. much more control. as for the compressor i use a campbell hausfeld 13 gal. its nice to have a tank, not just compressor. more eaasily regulated pressures, and not a nonstop running compressor. i got my compressor at walmartt on clearance ffor 125 buck. it wasa 1/2 price. plus i caan run all my air tools off it also. in the end it will be cheaper than buying a specific airbrush compressor. although it is a lot noisier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts