S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LOWERED 12.75" Bit<h
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: ok well i have dropped my ext. cab 00' " X " berfore, 2 front 3 back. but i wanna get a diffrent\older truck like 94- up some thing that is cheaper on insurance for a project. i wanna bag it and i was wondering if there is any posts or do it yourself guides that could help me? is there a diffrence between dropping an ext. cab than a reg cab with bags? and where is the cheapist place to order from? i need all the help i can get! the lower the better. and how low can u get with out cutting the frame in the rear? is there any other guides to cutting the bed-fenders... HELP ME PLEASE

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just baged my 99 ext. cab with a 100% AirRide Tech. 4-link. With it all the way deflated(down), can get the messurment of abou 25 inches or so from the ground to the bottom fender lip in the rear. And this is only taking off the Rubber Bumpstop, NOT the metal one. Had to move the Carbon Filter box for the gas tank back about 2 or 3 inches to allow the shock relocator to bolt in. All there is to it is about a weekends worth of time and labor, and a lot of sweating from drilling threw the think frame rails. And it rides pretty well with only aobut an inch and a half of space between the axle and the steel bumpstop. Not a lot of bottoming out so far. My rear ride height is about 27-28inches form ground to fender lip. This is the equevalent of about a 4 inch block or so.

·
LOWERED 12.75" Bit<h
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much did it cost you? and did u have to cut out the fenders in the front at all? and how close is the front plastic air dam and rear bumper to the ground?

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
air ride kits are a lot of money........i would go with a kit from sportruck specialties or a shop like that.......with air ride all you pay for is the name

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
here is a pic of my truck aired out with the airride kit mike was talking about...

in the front the 205/65-15s are sitting on the fenders, and in the back the axle is bottomed out on the shocks. i have the longer shocks in there because my truck is in what i call "winter mode." if a valve or solenoid freezes up on me, i can still drive home VERY slowly with dragging the crap out of the frame or actually the gas tank. it looks pretty thin as it is. with the shock out, the bags bottom out and the frame is about 1" off the ground but the gas tank is about touching. in the front the crossmember is about 3/4" off the ground.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rear kit was $1072 out the door. And there was NO cutting. Only some drilling (about 12-18 holes). Depending on how you set it up. I paid the extra money for the ride tech, because the place I got it from also warrenties the kit. My whole system, front(which I havent put in yet), rear, and Air System (¼" lines) came to about $1600. That was me doing all the work.

·
LOWERED 12.75" Bit<h
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any pics of the rear? this guy at "THE HACK SHACK" said he could get me a whole system for $999.00... dose this seem reasonable? rear pics would be nice... would your truck sit lower if you cut the fenders off and the bumpstops in the rear? AVTEKK?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts