S-10 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
its honestly easier then changing a flat tire lol

I take it your truck had the power doors?

I was going to make a How To, but I got sidetracked with having to take my doors off and drill holes for a wire loom to inside the door. :rant:

Well done! :)

·
I SHIT BRICKS
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I take it your truck had the power doors?

I was going to make a How To, but I got sidetracked with having to take my doors off and drill holes for a wire loom to inside the door. :rant:

Well done! :)

all i did was take a battery powered drill and place it inside the door and drill the whole........really simple....never had to take my doors off....and yes i did have poppers before hand but they did not function at all.

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
My mag drill doesn't fit. Haha.

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
I already cheated. I bought new doors with power windows, mirrors, and locks, and all the interior paneling on them. Junkyard ftw. :)

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
haha that works to but dremel is cheaper for sure
1/2 price day at the junkyard, got them for $10 a piece. :p

Too bad they're bright red, with chrome pieces on the bottom with GMC JIMMY in big letters, the truck they're going on is grey haha.

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
I woulda used it, my instructions got rained on, but it's pretty simple to figure out.

I'd like to see where you're relocating the receiver box and the relay.

·
Truck #121616
2,860 Posts
so with the pushers, or poppers... how do they work? is it just a sprung rod that pushes all the time, and when the latch opens, they get to push?

or is it an electric one? or am i thinking of something else? (autoloc??)

might consider getting this kit, if im allowed to spend anymore money for a while hahaha! ill just get the basic kit and hook it up to my autoloc brain and stuff.

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
so with the pushers, or poppers... how do they work? is it just a sprung rod that pushes all the time, and when the latch opens, they get to push?

or is it an electric one? or am i thinking of something else? (autoloc??)

might consider getting this kit, if im allowed to spend anymore money for a while hahaha! ill just get the basic kit and hook it up to my autoloc brain and stuff.

The poppers are seperate, I had thought they came with the AVS kit I ordered from SD. Reading > me.

I'm assuming it's a spring with a pushrod that has constant tension against the door, and then when the latch opens, the doors pop open.

·
I SHIT BRICKS
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
on the avs website, they have the pushers optional in a drop down box.
yes it is an aditional option for them.

the poppers are basically just a spring. if uwere to run electricity to it.......it would act more like an actuator. the brain box and relays have been located inside behind the panel that is directly under the steering wheel

·
Truck #121616
2,860 Posts
the brain box and relays have been located inside behind the panel that is directly under the steering wheel
pics? hahaa, this is where i put my brain too :D

this is an old picture. its since then been cleaned up

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
I don't even have that panel, it kept getting kicked off, so it stays off now.

·
Truck #121616
2,860 Posts
the one that hugs the bottom of the steering column? how did it keep getting kicked off?

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
Maybe I'm thinking of the one closer to the pedals..

That one got kicked off, hopping into and outta the truck for work all the time, it took a beating from my work boots.

Next time I'm down your way I'd love to come take a look at your truck.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts