S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
the only question i have about this is. Do you need to get the door pushers aswell as that kit to get your door to fully open? or does the door just swing open once popped?
The door does push open alittle but I would recommend the spring style door pushers

·
I SHIT BRICKS
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
alright, thanks man
definatly get the spring ones....just call kris and tell her that u want the same stuff that i ordered.....definatly worth it it will pop the doors open a good amount but will not let them swing fully so that u hit other vehicals....plus the poppers took maybe 2 min to install

·
**** New Jersey
8,330 Posts
owned?

nicely done man.

·
Registered
119 Posts
definatly get the spring ones....just call kris and tell her that u want the same stuff that i ordered.....definatly worth it it will pop the doors open a good amount but will not let them swing fully so that u hit other vehicals....plus the poppers took maybe 2 min to install
dually noted, thanks again with the help

·
I SHIT BRICKS
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
just open the door almost all the way and take a hammer and screw driver, and hit it. the spring should just pop out. but if u want help puttin the spring back in ur on ur own lol. i put mine back in and it still works fine

·
AcrophobiA
8,484 Posts
good job man...i'm still running the ghetto protocol kit..lol...i plan on switching out to this very soon...thanks for this write up

one more thing...if you guys dont like putting the popper on the doorjamb...heres another spot to put it...it pushes the door MUCH better

·
I SHIT BRICKS
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
"Also how did you get the return spring out?"
"sorry about that I meant on the latch."
"you said the first thing to do is remove the return spring in the latch."

HOW DO YOU DO THIS?
you take a needle nose vice grips grab on to the bottom of the spring (or top where ever there is more then one coil compressed together) and just slowly pull it comes un-done very easily.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts