S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on the fuel pump assembly on a 2001 Chevy Blazer 2dr. How it works and such. Why is there two nipples on the bottom of the fuel pump? And why is there two strainers? One on the outside of the canister and one on the bottom of the pump inside the canister. Would like to know how the fuel flows through all the passages built into the canister. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Been there Done it
11,874 Posts
Good question.
All I've learned in doing this 60 years is if the fuel pump doesn't work, put in a new one.
The rubber feet are what the assembly sits on. It is actually under a bit of spring tension when installed. Probably to help prevent in swaying back and forth when over 100 pounds of gas sloshes around.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Post a picture of what you're talking about the two nipples on the bottom of the pump. I don't remember them having that. For the fuel pump being inside the cup inside the tank with the two strainers it's to help keep the fuel pump cool when the tank starts getting low on fuel. The returning fuel dumps into the cup keeping it full. So when you turn corners or break or accelerate on a low tank you don't run out of fuel until you're totally out of fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts