S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Landscaper
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dash Speakers - Polk Audio db461p 4x6" Plate Speakers 6-60watts RMS 180 Max 4ohm

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db651 6.5" Round Speakers 6-60watts RMS 180 Max 4 ohm

2 Kicker 10" in boxes. Unkown model number. figure 500 watts each

I am debating on a single 600 watt mono amp for the subs, and a single 200 watt 2 channel for the speakers. I don;t really need a front/rear fade as I only have dash and door speakers, however left/right fade would be good.

I listen to more rock/metal/alternative than rap and hip hop, so a low loud droning is not required. Something with good hit.

My Alpine Headunit has separate Subwoofer controls on the main dial too.

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
how is the kicker an unknown model? it should say on the magnet, if not look them up online.. anyways, you cant just figure speakers will handle whatever, you need to look at the RMS rating of your speakers/sub and start from there.. your speakers say they are 60rms a piece. so if you want to amp them, you'd need a decent sized two channel amp, as long as you wire the = and - right, you'll have left/right. but personally, i would just power the door speakers with a 2 ch. amp and call it a day, but you could look into a 4 channel amp for all four speakers, and get an amp thats rated similar to what your speakers call for, so around 200-300rms amp. if you only have one power wire, just get a fused distro block, 1 in 2 out.

·
Landscaper
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent gotten the kickers yet. A firend has a set of 10" kickers in Reg cab S-10 boxes and a 500 watt pioneer amp he's gonna sell me for $100

I do only want left/right. It makes no sense to have a front/rear fade in a pickup where the speakers in the dash and doors are 2 feet apart.

Since they are so close, I can wire the left dash and door speaker into left, and the right door/dash into right, then have a separate amp just for the subs correct?

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
well a bill isnt a bad price... if you could.. find out what model they are and what ohm, and then find out the model of the amp and see what it puts out at 2 and 4ohms... the amp may get the job done, but if you get that info, you may be able to feed more power to them subs, depending the models.

and yes.. as long as both positive from speakers go to positive to amp, and vice versa you're good... but using a two channel amp on four speakers will put a strain on the amp. so be careful with your gains. also, as long as your cd player has two outputs, one for sub and the other for front/rear, you can wire two amps.

·
Landscaper
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. Since the speakers are max 60w, would this amp work for a small sum?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19262_Alpine_MRP-F300.aspx

Listed at 4x50 watts RMS. Do you always want to max power the speakers, as in do I need a 4x60RMS amp, or is it good to keep it a little lower for safety sake?

For the subs, if they are each 500w would I need a single 500, or single 1,000 2 channel with the L/R bridged?

like this
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19251_Alpine_MRP-M500.aspx

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
that 4 channel amp will work fine for the speakers. dont worry Ever about MAX ratings, only look at the RMS, and its always better to have more power than not enough, but you must set your gains safely so you dont over power them too much. also, you really need to find out what model subs they are to really get an amp to match them correctly. but dont worry about a 2 channel amp for subs, you really only need a mono channel amp. a 2 channel will work though, but again, you need to know the model of the subs and their ohm to wire them properly. if your buddy could take one out of the box(assuming they are both the same) and look at the sub and see if its a SVC or DVC 2 or 4 ohm sub then we can go from there for better help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts